I get the shot tomorrow Update posted

susiestar

Roll With It
I finally convinced the pain management docs that I only wanted them to do the steroide epidural, NOT treat anything else. I have a very good doctor who treats the other stuff.

So I get the shot at 8:15 tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed, I really don't know what to expect. I generally do poorly and am meaner than a 3 legged dog on steroids. At least this kind shouldn't bug my tummy, and they sedate you to put the shot in. I like IV sedation. Then I can sleep!! I remember the epidurals with each of my children very very vividly. Icky, but vividly, including the one where the doctor said OOPS, went to far" in such a cheery tone. IF I hadn't been in the middle of a contraction I would have strangled him!

Susie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'll keep fingers and toes crossed and hold a good thought that all goes well.

At least it'll be over with. I can't stand the waiting for stuff like this.

Hugs

susiestar

Roll With It
I got the shot. Now I got the migraine. medications don't touch it. After the shot I got dressed and waited for husband and jess to come back from the cafeteria. Then I made them take me to bfast. We thought about a bookstore, but I needed to come home.

Bookstore will come next week when I see the rheumy.

Thanks for the good thoughts, prayers, etc.... I have hope but no expectation that this will work. The doctor was great, but the outer office people were difficult.

Get this - 2 workers tried to put in the IV, 2 x each! no luck!! Then the doctor did it slick as a whistle!! An exception to the rule about not letting docs give shots or IV's!!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
I hope the migraine subsides soon. I know how painful it is to be poked numerous times by ivs-ouch!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm sorry about the migraine. I know how miserable they can make you. I hope it subsides soon. And I hope it turns out to be worth the migraine and the shot works well for you.

:flower:

Hugs

F

flutterbee

I'm sorry about the migraine. They're awful. I hope the shot works. :flower: