I have an appointment!

klmno

I actually have an appointment now with a different therapist to assess my MH status and treatment plan. I'm not sure how much experience she has with trauma that is not combat related, but at least she is familiar with PTSD. I had to step on a lot of toes to get this, unfortunately, so I have ticked some people off there. It wasn't my intent but really, did I need to go thru this for two months before someone told me that their PTSD area is separate from MH so that's why I kept getting a typical Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) who knew nothing about PTSD? And that they have a PTSD "clinic" which is similar to an all-around approach to deal with PTSD but it's only for combat vets so that's why no one would put me in that?

OK- I have no problem with that but I didn't know that- all the Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) kept saying was that she could handle it all but yet I knew she was not "getting it". Anyway, after stirring up koi, I finally found out this stuff and was then able to ask since I am not an appropriate candidate for the PTSD clinic, is it possible to see one of the PTSD tdocs on a typical outpaitent basis. Yes, but the problem then is finding one that has an opening. OK, they found a psychiatric who's assigned to the Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) area. Well, I guess if she's a psychiatric assigned to that area, a lot of those guys would have PTSD as well as Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) so she's probably got some kind of clue which is about the best I can hope for right now. LOL! I can at least discuss with her if I need something intensive to the point of needing inpatient for a while- so that if I end up going inpatient it wouldn't just be because that's the only way to get them to take this serious like the crisis person suggested on the phone the other night.

And then the PO issue- can you believe they changed difficult child's PO? He had been the only male there and difficult child's new PO is male so I am assuming that he is brand new and since he just got hired, they probably gave him difficult child's case because difficult child is in Department of Juvenile Justice right now. I couldn't believe it. I figure now is a good time to move after all then if we have to start completely over with someone new AGAIN anyway.