I made it home.

DS3

So we made it back late last night to good old El Paso. I did not miss that northern chill from Canada that we get in NY. It was nice to spend time with my family, and his family. I even got to see my best friend who drove down from MA to see me again (and make me try on bridesmaid dresses). Overall, it was a good trip. The first few days were busy with helping with the funeral and sorting through the house items. Luckily enough, his dad didn't have a lot. We managed to pack my hubby's car down with everything but the furniture (which is going to his sister), and he got in late last night as well.

The kids going to NY were fine on the plane. On the way home, despite the time, they were driving me crazy. Then again, you try to entertain two kids who have to stay in their seats for an hour while we sit on the run-way. Not fun. I also found out that Pez and my kids don't mix. For some reason it super-hypes them. And I don't think my mom giving difficult child 1 a donut that was chocolate covered and filled with frosting right before we left was a great idea either (I didn't catch it in time, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten that one. donut holes, maybe, but full size, NEVER).

Anywho, we survived. We're all very sleep deprived, so this weekend besides getting groceries and un-packing, we shall be sleeping. Just wanted to check in and say that I am still here.

On another note, I can't help but keep thinking that once my parents go, I don't know if we'll have a reason to go back to NY. Strange throughts with little sleep and little coffee...

~hugs~
DS3

:mornincoffee:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:hugs:

I was thinking about you last night as I drifted off to sleep. I'm glad y'all are home okay!

DDD

Glad you made it safely home. Traveling with small children was never my cup of tea. You just never know how to heck they are going to act, lol. My Ex and I took our two (the same age as yours, by the way) to Milwaukee back in the 60's. I sat with easy child and he sat with our more active two years old. WTH??? easy child acted like a difficult child and the two year old didn't do or say one word during the flight...just stared out the window and smiled. Obviously, lol, I'll never forget it. Hugs DDD

DS3

I am glad you had a good trip. Travel with kids is never dull, is it?

That it is not. LOL. I'm glad we're home. I'm waiting for hubby to wake up so that way I can go back to sleep. I may have gotten 3 or 4 hours (not consistently mind you) last night. So I'm exhausted. Have to email a few people some photos of my father-in-law, and call a few people, then I think it will be time to switch out on who's sleeping today. :)

T

TeDo

Sounds like a good plan. Like Step, I was wondering about you last week too. I even almost called you but decided to give you a little more time before I pestered you. Glad the trip itself was a good one, so to speak. What on earth was grandma thinking?!? Chocolate filled AND chocolate covered. One last ditch effort to spoil the grands?????

Glad you're all home and I hope your plan works. You certainly need it.

DS3

Sounds like a good plan. Like Step, I was wondering about you last week too. I even almost called you but decided to give you a little more time before I pestered you. Glad the trip itself was a good one, so to speak. What on earth was grandma thinking?!? Chocolate filled AND chocolate covered. One last ditch effort to spoil the grands?????

Glad you're all home and I hope your plan works. You certainly need it.

If it was before last Sat, then I probably wouldn't have answered as we were so busy with the funeral and arrangements. Anytime after that I was pretty free to do as I wanted. Which made it nice. I have a feeling I'll be headed back that way soon though. My grandmother isn't doing well. I will honestly be surprised if I don't have to fly back next month for another funeral. She's just old and her body is shutting down. It was good to see her though.

T

TeDo

All things work out the way they are supposed to. I firmly believe that although there are many times I wonder WHY it's supposed to be that way.....like dealing with a difficult child or 2. I am glad you got to visit with your grandma. That visit is the one I hope you will remember. I will pray that you don't have to go back anytime soon.