I need a hug...

dcwsaranac

I hear music...
Just lost my job yesterday due to workforce reduction. 9 1/2 years doing the same thing (easy child Support/repair) in a corporate environment. Not sure what's next.

Trying to enjoy a day with my son, and fighting the depression as reality and all of the worries are setting in.

meowbunny

Sometimes a loss of a job can be a blessing in disguise. It's frightening but it does give you the time to consider your options, including being a freelancer.

Enjoy your day with your son. Take some time for deep breaths and many gentle, caring hugs.

(((((DCW)))))

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
been there done that with husband a few times. NOT fun, to say the least. Scarey as heck.

But at this early point, try not to let it get to you. Think of it as an extended vacation while you gather resources and sum up your options. Sometimes these sudden job losses can lead to far better career opportunities.

If money is a major issue, call Family Services in your county and check into what services are available to you, and when they'd be available to you. (does alot for releaving some of the worries)

Take deep breaths. You will get threw this.

Hugs

tammyjh

Sending lots of (((((hugs)))))
sorry this has happened but like the others said, hopefully it means a new door will open and better things will come.
(((((hugs)))))

nvts

I've got you in mind! I went through that (worked for a MAJOR telecom - one of 16,000 laid off!) in 2004. Right after that husband was let go. NOT FUN!

Keep your chin up (I've been keeping all 3 of mine up lol!). You've got some really marketable skills on hand with a heavy easy child background. You might be able to score some virtual office work while you're looking as a "help desk" overflow.

PM me if you want some links that were reviewed by Women's Day magazine a few months ago. They did a whole report on these types of companies and there are quite a few reputable ones amongst the scam artists!

Hugs to you. Remember, it's just another chapter in the book!

Beth

M

ML

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((DCW)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Thinking positive thoughts of your situation.

TerryJ2

So sorry! {{{hugs}}}
I hope this can turn into something positive. You never know what's around the corner.

muttmeister

Sending you hugs. I've been there, done that. When you lose a job, even when it is no fault of your own, it is hard. So much of who we are is tied up with what we do that it takes a real mental adjustment. As the others have said, you have some very in-demand skills so try to make the best of your "time off" and look at this as a chance to find something better.

trinityroyal

{{{{Hugs}}}}
Sorry you're having to go through this.
easy child support/repair skills are always in demand, so I'm sure you will find something else soon. Strangely, every time I have lost a job it has led me to a wonderful opportunity. This might just be the beginning of a wonderful new chapter in your life.

In the meantime, please enjoy every minute you get to spend with your little guy.

Trinity

'Chelle

AWW darn, sorry about that, hate that icky feeling in the stomach where you don't know what's going to happen now. My husband just lost a job but found a new one right away, and has his name in for something better with a recommend that should pretty much assure him of that something better. Just breathe deep, take a day to regroup in your mind and ponder the possibilities, and then go out job hunting. I'm sure you should be able to find something, and hope something better, soon. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}