I need correct wording..

klmno

This is driving me nuts! I'm trying to think of a phrase that is not exactly to describe a person who educates him/herself in a field, and not exactly someone who goes above and beyond the call of duty. Isn't there another phrase that's along those lines but kind of in between?

klmno

These are good- thanks! I was thinking of something like a person who takes initiative and gets involved in more things- for instance, what is the opposite of complacent?

flutterby

Fly away!
This is sounding like a resume. How about:

A highly creative, goal-oriented professional with a strong work ethic combined with a commitment to excellence in all projects undertaken.

Andy

"X is a self motivated individual driven to meet all goals set before her. Knowlege is important as she strives to learn every aspect of her job. A strong work ethic combined with commitment shows in the excellence of her projects. X is willing to accept more responsibilities. Her eargerness and ability to learn more processes make her the perfect candidate for this job."

Marguerite

Pro-active, shows initiative, self-motivating, dedicated, determined.

Does that help?

Never underestimate a good thesaurus!

Marg

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Definitely a resumé of some sort!

Proactive is a great word. Says you see what's going on and take steps to correct it before it becomes a problem.

Self-starter is good too.

Highly motivated?

My father has an interesting way of ending the paragraph on special skills. "What I don't do: waste time trying to help people who won't help themselves."

HMM.

klmno

LOL! Yes, I'm trying to refine my resume and cover letters since job opportunities are glim here. Pro-active says what I was trying to say but I've gotten some other great words and ideas here, too. Thank you!!