"I need help"

flutterby

Fly away!
That's what difficult child kept saying over and over again tonight. Needless to say, she had a very rough night.

Her anxiety/panic is getting worse by the day now. If we don't get a handle on it soon, she's going to end up in the psychiatric hospital.

She was doing so well. I wish I could really tease out what caused this huge breakdown.

smallworld

Sometimes difficult children can only hold it together for so long and then they fall apart.

Is she in the middle of exams (it's exam week in the public schools here)?

Is she taking medications consistently?

Is she seeing her therapist regularly?

flutterby

Fly away!
Yep, it is exam week and I know that is a trigger. I think there is more, though.

She is not taking medications because she said they weren't helping her. The psychiatrist I wanted to see is not taking new patients. We have a referral in to another and am waiting for them to get back with me. I'll be calling them first thing in the morning, but I know there is going to be a wait. I'm going to stress the urgency of the situation.

She is seeing a therapist regularly, but I don't know how much she talks about this in therapy. I'm going to go in with her next time and let therapist know that it has to be a priority.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm sorry to hear she's struggling so much. :( It's so hard to see our kids go through this. Does she have anything she likes to do that that brings an soothing relief to her anxieties? Exercise? Hot baths/showers? Relaxing music? Reading? Have you tried massaging her? Just kinda thinking out loud here...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I hate anxiety. Poor kid ~ struggling so.

Hope you get to the bottom of what's bothering difficult child & things improve.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Heather I just don't know and wish I did.
I am having a hard time with N regressing and I just can't imagine what you are going through.
She needs a break from her mind. She needs it to stop, I know that is easy to say but I just wish someone knew how to help this kids mind slow down a tiny bit and realize the world is not such a terrible place, or at least help her understand she can control her environment.

LittleDudesMom

Heather,

So sorry difficult child is struggling - it's good that she is verbalizing to you - I know it has to be a very difficult thing to watch.

I like some of the suggestions gvcmom gave. Physical activity may help some, also some relaxation techniques perhaps.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Adding in hugs. I'm glad she is talking to you. I can't remember if she has a psychiatrist you really like but I know I'd be on the phone to psychiatrist.