Afternoon, I am new here and have a few questions. My son is in the 5th grade and will tranisition to the 6th grade middle school next year. I FINALLY have received a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), PDDNOS and ADHD from the Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders at the Children's National Medical Center. My son has been having issues in school K, 1,2,3 & 4th grade. To include a 2 week stay in a pysch hospital. My son does NOT have a IEP or 504 in place. In the past I have attending many child study team meetings and he had been not found qualified for Special Education Services. HE DIDN'T HAVE A diagnosis THEN.. NOW I have a diagnosis from a reputable instituion. or I think? My questions are 1. Do you think he qualifies for the IEP and not the 504? I do..but want to verify.?? especially from other parents that have been down this road. 2. Will the school accept my 15 page Neuropsychological evaluation from this institution, or will they do their own evaluation? School did a speech evaluation in the past then came back and said "DOESNT QUALIFY FOR Special Education SERVICE" 3. On his evaluation the Dr. has listed 4 pages of Recommendations. So will they 'say" the dr. recommended this? We don't have to follow this? My son gets Honor roll now since he is on medications however he has alot of issues. ie. social, executive function disabliities, speech/language/pragmatic issues. emotional behavioral issues, & sensory processing disorder (SPD). 4. The dr. specifically wrote given his diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and the educational impact of related symptom social & executive fuction disabilities he qualifies for Special Education SERVICES. Bottom line. Do you guys think I have a chance of getting him an IEP? 6. I'm trying to decide if I should get an advocate what do you suggest? I was thinking to write the letter to request for a meeting to discuss his new diagnosis. Go to the meeting, if they say IEP, then I made it over the first hurdle. IF not then get an advocate to push for an IEP. Bottom line $700 is what the advocate wanted. $250 bucks an hr. I don't have the $ for that right now. Especially since I just shelled out $3,000 to get my son an independent evaluation from this hospital.