I'm entering my art into....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
an auction. I've consulted with many artists here in the community & they encouraged me to give it a go.

Saying that, the auction benefits the Traumatic Brain Injury Association of MN. The TBIA is looking for art from those with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI); they are asking for an essay on that injury & how art has helped with recovery. I was unable to draw a decent stick figure before my injury but could create one heck of a balance sheet; now I struggle to balance my checking account & pay bills but can do some kick :censored2: watercolor paintings, pastel paintings & conte/graphic pencil drawings ~I will include that on my essay.

If, and that's a big IF, my art is selected & is sold there will be a 15% donation given to the TBIA of MN & I will have the rest. I'm hoping this will be a new direction to my life as art & music have been my saving graces during the last few years.

Keep your fingers crossed. I'm mailing out my stuff tomorrow.

DammitJanet

Oh how cool Linda!

I could do accounting and balance sheets before my meningitis too but now cant do the bills. Unfortunately I didnt develop artistic talents! I still cant draw a stick figure...lol.

nvts

Linda, you are such an inspiration - this is fantastic news - I'm so proud for you! You're an amazing woman!

Beth

PS: I hope it all sells - you have to take a picture and post it for us...I'd love to see what you're doing!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
The art you post on the board is wonderful! Anyone would be so lucky to bid on it and win. :)

And it is for a great cause.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wonderful news Linda!!!

Weird, I was a fairly good artist before the Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).......but after, it's taken on a life of it's own so to speak.

I hope you sell some of your art. What a great cause too! Can you post pics of what you're sending them so we can see?? Please.:D

susiestar

Roll With It
What a great thing to do! I am rooting for you. Is this an in-person auction or an online one? If it is online, or if there is a link to it, could you post it for us? I would LOVE to see your artwork!

Hugs!

N

Nomad

Rushing...read fast and may have missed something....
BUT all I can think is AWESOME...you go girl and best of luck!!!!
Keep us posted.

busywend

Funny the words that came to mind were written multiple times above: Wonderful & awesome!

I hope you enjoy every minute of it!!!