I'm envious of my daughter

Abbey

Spork Queen
She is leaving this afternoon for 14 days in Italy. She just got this wild hair and thought it would be a fun thing to do before school started up again.

She doesn't really have any plans...just backpacking through there staying at hostels.

Ahhh...to be young again.

Meanwhile, I'll be munching on my radishes and onions. Slightly different.

Abbey

TerryJ2

Neat!
I hope she's got a bit of experience with-traveling. I'm a worrier ...
but I know she'll have a great time. I hope she takes lots of pictures.

Abbey

Spork Queen
She's a pretty seasoned travelor so I don't have many worries about that. Heck...she's been around more than I have. Shoot. She lived in France for a summer when she was 11 as an exchange student!! That was a tough one for me to go through.

I just love the attitude. Umm, mom...I think I'm going to Italy for a bit. Just for fun. It's nothing to her. It's like me going across town. Yeah...I'm just going to do a quick run to Italy.

Abbey

Nancy

Wow Deb, how exciting. My easy child just left for Greece this morning. They went from Cleveland to Chicago to Munich to Greece. She's a chaperone on a high school trip. I'm tracking the flight online. I was a bit worried that she would back out at the last minute because of her anxiety of flying but she's on the plane and they are just leaving the U.S. now.

What fun your easy child will have. It's great that she has enough confidence to do this. Is she going alone or does she have friends to travel with?

Nancy

Abbey

Spork Queen
She's going alone. She is terrified of flying, so takes massive drugs before she gets on a plane. She's probably passed out right now over the ocean. Once there, she's fine...very confident. I guess she has a bit of me in her. Just on a whim...oh, I think I'll go to Italy for 2 weeks. Really? Why Italy? I don't know...it just sounded cool.

Nancy - they probably passed in the airport!! I'd love to go to Greece.

So, I'll live vicariously through her for the next few weeks.

Abbey