I'm having fun!!!

klmno

difficult child found a song we like to goof around with on you tube and played it. Then, I thought of another song and found it. Then, I got on a role and started thinking of songs that I grew up with and haven't heard in ages- popular songs, songs I played on the piano, etc.. I tried to get him to dance with me but he called me a hippie after I asked him if he had anything tie-dyed handy and he left the room. So, I'm in here alone now, doing a search on you tube every time I think of another song from the old days!! Darn! :peaceful:

Hey- Abbey- do you have any extras??

Oh- what is the name of that really long song by Elton that was popular around 1977-1978? Never mind- I found it- "Someone Saved My Life Tonight"

Last edited:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
OK now I am going to be singing that song all night!!! At least I like it...

I am going to try and think of a better one!

klmno

Oh- Totoro- I've been listening to some that would just be embaressing now but they were real popular back in the day!! So, what can you think of?

I can't believe I actually discovered panic attacks by lip-synching in a high school drama class- the song was "You Are My World" by Helen Reddy. Ohhhhhh, I was so nervous, and I did sooooo bad. Yes, I listened to that tonight- and it's probably the first time since that day in drama class!

I told difficult child that when he got engaged someday, I would give his bride-to-be "I AM Woman"!!

Maybe someone should warn WG not to read this thread- I think she's the one who gets songs sstuck in her mind and then they won't go away!!

DammitJanet

LOL Abbey...yep you do!

I have THE perfect mother son wedding song. Abbey...I know you know it. Its called A song for my son.

Andy

I love it when I do remember a song and start singing it. The kids usually ask me if that really is a song or did I make it up? They probably still don't believe the "You Are My Sunshine" is a recorded song.

I made up words to a tune that I am trying my hardest to remember the real words to. Others have said they also remember the tune but can't remember the original song.

klmno

Bring on the songs...I have them.

But, Abbey- do you have any extra tie-dyed stuff that you can spare? I want tie-dye and very big belt buckles- you know the ones- they have peace signs or some kind of wild looking leaf on them!! (No- I'm not into smoking it- I just want the belt and the bell-bottoms and a tie-dyed t-shirt!!)

Its called A song for my son.

I'm going to search for this right now! :)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Got the song and...the tie dyed outfit. Really. Big purple belt, disco balls, etc. When I do a disco party I give out necklaces that are either mini disco balls or peace signs. That's my FAVORITE party.

Workin' at the car wash...

Abbey

KTMom91

The cake in the rain song is called "MacArthur Park," but I don't remember who sang it. Donna Summer? Somebody like that I think.

witzend

Oh- what is the name of that really long song by Elton that was popular around 1977-1978? Never mind- I found it- "Someone Saved My Life Tonight"

What a schlocky song! I loved it, but how do you dance to that?

What about Leo Sayer? "You make me feel like dancin'."

Or Little Rive Band "Reminiscing"?

klmno

Oh, Witz- I had a crush on a guy at school so instead of eating lunch, I'd go sit in his car and we'd talk. This was his favorite song so it would ALWAYS be playing. He was a senior and 18 and I was a couple years younger so there was no chance I'd ever been allowed to go out with him, even if he had asked. We were in the school parking lot, right next to the building, so the only thing going on was me eating my heart out!!

Smuck!! He's probably one of those millionare CEO's now!

DammitJanet

I saw Elton John a few years ago live...and he played that song. He was doing an unplugged concert at our fairly small venue. What a great concert. He actually shook Corys hand. The boy still doesnt realize what a legend touched him...lol.