I'm on a quest, help please!

tiredmommy

Duckie's 100th Day of Kindergarten celebration is on Friday. I've been asked to contribute two boxes of Salerno Mini Butter Cookies. I would gladly do this, except that none of the stores around here seem to carry them (I've called). :smile: I tried to do a search for the company so I could ask their customer service who would carry them, but can't find a web site. :hammer: Does anyone know how to contact this company? I believe they may be in Michigan.
Thanks!!! :warrior:

'Chelle

Sunshine/Salerno Inc.

Private Company, Headquarters Location
7777 N Caldwell, Niles IL 60714, United States
(708)967-6200, (847)967-1411 fax

I think this is the company you're looking for, but whether they can help you find a local store that would carry the cookies I don't know. Couldn't find a website either, this is from a website that does company profiles.

SRL

Instead of knocking myself out and/or paying costly shipping charges, I'd call the teacher and ask for a substitute idea. No way she would have assigned it knowing it wouldn't be easy to find and possibly expensive.

tiredmommy

I have a call in to the teacher already. These particular cookies are flower shaped, small and have a hole that allows the students to make a yummy necklace. :wink:

mattsmom27

Voortman makes commonly found (in most grocery stores) sugar free mini cookies with holes in them, I have bought them in butter, choc chip, oatmeal and gingerbread. Just a thought if you are hooked on the idea of holes in the middle.

rejectedmom

My first thought was prunes but then I thought about it and decided apricots were better for a bunch of different reasons. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: -RM

tiredmommy

I'm sure the teachers (and parents!) would appreciate apricots over prunes, RM! There are over 100 kindergartners in this school, can you imagine the line to go potty? :smile:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Gerber makes a toddler form of those cookies. I think they call them Arrowroot or some such. You can find them in the baby/toddler food section of the supermarket and their cheap.
Don't worry about it being for toddlers. If I buy them for the grandkids, I have to hide them from MY grown kids who still love them. :wink:

tiredmommy

Thank you all. The cookies are no longer available in our area (discontinued). Duckie's teacher suggested an alternate to be picked up on sale at Target. These will work for all the students in her class except one: the little boy with the horrible peanut allergy. I picked up a package of the Gerber arrowroot cookies for him (special thanks, Lisa).

O

OTE

RM you are too funny... and the potty line...LOL

I was guessing it had to be those cookies because of some child's allergies. Who knew they make cookies with holes in them. I thought that was for donuts... a donut necklace would work a whole lot better for me!

And what ever happened to necklaces of pasta and cheerios anyway? I must be ancient.. or my kids must be because I do remember a few dyed pasta necklaces in my past. LOL

tiredmommy

OTE, the little guy with the peanut allergy was going to have to make the necklace out of pasta. That is, until I read Lisa's suggestion! :warrior:
Now he won't have a necklace that too awfully different from the other kids. Which is a big deal because these allergic kids often feel socially isolated from their peers.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
TM

I'm glad my suggestion helped and this little boy will get to have as much fun as the other kids. :grin: