I'm on day 3 of a strike

Abbey

Spork Queen
And I need strength.

I am a neat freak. I can't stand mess or clutter. The ONE thing I asked H to do 3 days ago was clean the bird area that is now in our kitchen. Even though they have an entire room in the basement, now they're in our tiny kitchen. Wise decision. Not mine.

It's a total mess. There is bird poo everywhere, shredded papers, scraps of food...I have the time to clean it up today but am on strike for the one chore I asked to be done.

I will not enable...I will not enable...I will not enable. Maybe if I click my heels together three times while chanting this I'll be with Raoul.

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Wow. Maybe if dinner doesn't get made because of the huge and unsanitary mess that's in the way, he'll get the message. Maybe if you just ask him WHEN he plans to take care of the task, he'll get the message. Maybe he'll also realize how the new spot for the cage is just not a wise idea!

I used to be a neat freak. But then I married husband and had three kids. Didn't take long for me to wave the white flag! I have hope, though. Someday... someday!

I think he's trying to wait you out, knowing you don't like a mess. Don't give in, it'll just reinforce that this tactic works for him and it'll happen again. Stay far away from the kitchen! Maybe you can *not* do something he wants you to do- tell him you will when the kitchen is clean.

Here's a way my husband get's out of chores- He'll tell me he'll do it over the weekend. When the weekend arrives, well, then he'll tell me he has until Sunday night to do it. Sunday night arrives-then it's-oops, I have to go to the hardware store, but now they're closed.
Our husband's -they're all so alike.-Alyssa

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yup. Way too familiar. :(

Oh, by the way.....it takes forever for my husband to finally get the drift I'm not budging. sigh

Example: I asked husband after the yard sale last summer to move the tables back to the patio. they're still sitting in my front yard.

If you do cave.......move the birds.

I feel your pain.

Stay strong. ((hugs))

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Go on strike full bore, Abbey. No cleaning, no laundry (his), no food (his). This isn't one issue- he isn't doing his part in the partnership so take care of you until he decides that "us" is better than memememememememememememe... grrrr.

I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!

Suz

TerryJ2

Be strong!

I'm sending Raoul out back to meet you ... He'll keep your mind off the bird poop in the kitchen.

Star*

call 911........call 911
pushes out arms full length, wiggles fingers and sends ZAPPING strength to you (repeat) arms out full lenght wiggle fingers - SHAZAM.....SHAZAM......SHAZAm.......oh dang - didn't mean to fry your hubbys britches but you know.......that's what imaginary friends do......from a distance. :tongue:

donna723

OK, Abbey ... here's what you do! Go ahead and fix him a really nice dinner, one of his favorites. Make him a big plate of everything he likes. But just before you serve it to him, reach down and grab a little handful of whatever bird 'stuff' is littering your kitchen floor and scatter a few pieces around on the food - some of those little seed hulls, a few little scraps of chewed paper, a few little pieces of poop! Just a little bit. Then give it to him! ;)

When he sees it, bat your eyelashes and apologize profusely and say something about how there's so much bird 'stuff' all over the kitchen, there's just no way to keep it out of the food - and that he's probably been eating it for days without even knowing it! :sick:

susiestar

Roll With It
Donna just suggested EXACTLY what I was going to say. Sprinkle that bird mess everywhere that he goes. Put it in his car. If he has a special chair, shake it onto that. make toast and use bird seed (used) instead of cinnamon and sugar.

Stay strong, you CAN wait him out. Ignore all comments and just keep on keepin' on.

And be NICE about it.

As my Daddy says,

Love thine enemy. Drives them nuts.

M

ML

You can do this! I'm with you in spirit. I too am a neat person and live with free form living styles (a nice way of saying slobs lol). Hugs, ML

Abbey

Spork Queen
Day 4 - nada. Going out of town today so this will easily slip into Day 5.

I LIKE the poo in the food idea. (insert evil grin) I thought about laying his laptop in the kitchen (he loves that more than life) and letting them have their way on that. I'll just leave it open and the can peck and poo away on it.

(ok, ok...I'll go back to my luxury corner)

Abbey