In honor of Lil’s glow-in-the-dark item...

AppleCori

I was in the bank today, and picked up a local newspaper while I was waiting.

Seems there is a new teen fad.

The Condom Snorting Challenge

Seriously. Look it up.

They snort it up their nose and it comes out of their mouth (hopefully).

I miss the “planking” days...

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
I've seen a video of it. Very strange!!
There was a also a fad of teens eating Tide Pods.

Kind of scary to think of what their next "fad" will be.

Lil

Capture.PNG

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
That just doesn't look like fun. But then, neither does eating detergent pods.

My big laugh was when they started flavoring paint with peppermint (before they banned lead paint) to discourage children from eating it.

Apparently, most children hate peppermint. In my case, because peppermints were the only candies my mother and grandmother carried in their purses, I grew up loving them.

I still do. I've got about 4 different types in the house at the moment. Even so, I've never eaten paint chips.

Lil

That just doesn't look like fun. But then, neither does eating detergent pods.

My big laugh was when they started flavoring paint with peppermint (before they banned lead paint) to discourage children from eating it.

Apparently, most children hate peppermint. In my case, because peppermints were the only candies my mother and grandmother carried in their purses, I grew up loving them.

I still do. I've got about 4 different types in the house at the moment. Even so, I've never eaten paint chips.

Really?

I can't imagine the thought process there. "Oh! Eating paint bad and dangerous! Let's make it taste like FOOD!"

I'm thinking there are other things they could have made it taste like. Maybe laundry detergent or spermicide? Oh wait... Never mind. :confused:

Pink Elephant

Gosh, whatever happened to the days where we'd dare someone to streak around the block in their panties during a sleepover?

Is it just me or has life gotten more complicated?

BusynMember

I never did those things. I was a goody two shoes. A tide pod or the condom thang...never. I didn't even drink at all and did not try pot until 19 and I hated it. I was a virgin when I got married!!! (Blush) The sex wasn't much better after my first marriage either but that had nothing to do with my being a prude!

I am still a goody two shoes ;). My husband is rightly not the least bit worried that I would cheat, even flirt nor get drunk and dance nekkid on the table. And he is also old fashion and I like it! Between the two of us neither of us has been drunk since tying the knot 23 years ago.

Last edited:

Pink Elephant

The Tide Pod thing is just stupid (and dangerous). I often wonder if stupid dares and practices like that haven't been born as a result of today's younger generation having nothing to do.

BusynMember

We did pretty stupid things too. I knew many who overdosed on God knows what. Some died.

My millennials always had plenty to do. It's just a few kids, not the norm. Mine were busy working, school, getting ready to adult. Like in every generation.

Lil

It's just a few kids, not the norm.

It's social media...and the internet in general. People always did stupid, dangerous and criminal things. People just didn't instantly know about it all over the world.

I for one am very glad to have spent my stupid years during a time when the whole world didn't have a camera in their pocket.

BusynMember

I was not a kid who took those kinds of risks, but I had friends who were pretty bold.

I do think our Stupid was as bad as today's Stupid, but, yeah, the internet shows all so this generation gets a worse scalding from other people (many who did just as much Stupid in their teens and 20s).

Baby-boomers seem to forget that we STARTED most of what is criticized today.