Is there anyone else on here my size?

DammitJanet

I am trying to find out where people buy their clothes because Walmart isnt it and I dont have a fashion Bug and from what I remember they dont go up to my size anyway. I dont want to go to Lane Bryant because they are very expensive. Very. I spent well over $150 for an outfit for my fathers funeral and I cant spend that much for daily wear.

T

TeDo

Have you checked out Woman Within? I just got some shirts from them that were very reasonably priced (I even got buy 3 get one free).

buddy

Do you have to try the clothes on or can you order from the internet? Clearance on HSN and QVC are really good at times. Have you ever checked them out?

shellyd67

Oh Janet, you have come to the right person ! I am quite large (we are facebook friends so I am sure you know this by now)

I have been large for over 20 years or more.

I consider myself very stylish though. I always have been. I dress what I consider very sharp everyday. Hair is always done, makeup , nice outfit and rocking shoes and bag ALWAYS a scarf in the fall, winter and spring months.

As a big girl it makes me feel better about myself.

I shop all over the place because I am close to the city. The majority of my clothes do come from Lane Bryant but I always use a coupon that gives me major savings.

I also shop at Ashley Stewart, Target and Old Navy on line and Macy's Junior Plus section.

Check out Old Navy Plus online they have some great clothes and great prices ... Let me know how you make out .:lipstick:

DammitJanet

Shelly...I dont think you are as big as me. I think the picture of me on my FB page is of my when I was a size 22. Dont I have the one up with me, tony and Jamie? I am now 300 pounds and I wear 4x clothes. I see women in jeans and I cant find any. I last wore just my size 26 but they dont fit anymore and I cant find any larger ones and I know I would have to have a 30 by now.

I cried yesterday at Walmart because they didnt even have any nightgowns bigger than a 3x. I need something to wear at night because of Buck being here. I am tired of having to get up from bed and having to put on my shirt and pants just to go out and get something to drink at night because he is still up at 2 am!

trinityroyal

Janet, I agree with buddy -- Uncle Schmuck needs a curfew.

Old Navy has some nice comfortable loungewear. I susbcribe to their e-mail newsletter, and they send new sale offers at least once a week. Between the sale section on the website and the discount coupons they e-mail to me, I can often save 50 to 60% or even more. And their return process is good, if you get something that doesn't fit. They send all the shipping labels and don't charge anything.
Women's Plus Size Clothes: | Old Navy

I also included a link for Penningtons. It's a Canadian plus-size chain, but they also ship to the U.S. I'm not sure of their price range, but I have a few friends who shop there and they always look great. And I think they go up to a size 6X.

Penningtons: Plus Size Fashion Store

H

HaoZi

Have you tried checking in the men's dept? Not for all the time, but for big shirts and sweats to wear while Buck is around for now until you find something better.

InsaneCdn

Thrift stores. Trust me. Its AMAZING what they have in the very-oversize department. When somebody who was that size, shrinks... they are more than glad to shovel the stuff out to the thrift shops... and some of it is GOOD stuff.

buddy

Good point IC (do you have many where you are Janet?) we have a bunch of them. Due to finances I had to shop more and more at thrift stores over the past two years and I have been shocked. I actually got frustrated because they had small and xxl and above, but the xl stuff was limited. Now I can do l/xl so it has made me able to get much more. but above 14/16 there are a bunch of sizes I had never seen in walmart or target.

S

Signorina

Janet - JCP carries a lot online in plus and plus extended sizing. In fact, I have their clearance window open and quite a few things in your size range are on clearance. I find their stuff to be well made - they're one of the few stores who sell a wide variety of "special sizes". hth

Onehanesplace.com also carries 4x in in sleepwear

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleDudesMom

Janet,

try Woman Within online. That's where I get most of my clothes. They always have some good coupons - when you get ready to check out, you can click on promotional coupons and there is always something. They have a tremendous selection of nightgowns/house clothes and tons of other things. The only downside is paying for shipping things back that don't fit. But I know what my sizes are in various clothing items on their site, so I usually don't have to send anything back. Check it out.

Sharon

shellyd67

Janet most of the Women Within catalogs have a size chart and you can do self measuring so you come close to what should fit.

Old Navy goes up to a 32 I believe so you should be fine.

I have gained considerable weight since I quit smoking and have been afraid to even step on the stupid scale.

Old Navy pants run big in my humble opinion and shirts run pretty true to size.

Also you can look on Amazon and that ties alot of plus size stores together. I wish you luck, I know it's a struggle girlfriend !!