It is not the fear of homelessness, it is the fear of coming home

PatriotsGirl

Unfortunately there is absolutely nothing you can do until she wants help. Please don't feel small. You are doing all the right things! You are letting her know that she is loved and that you are waiting for her when she reaches the point that she wants help... you did the right thing You did the right thing!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
You've done all the "right" things New Leaf........AND, it just doesn't feel good.........so now is the time to make yourself the priority and to take care of yourself with compassion, kindness, sweetness and self love......put the focus on YOU and with a little time, you will feel better again.........we're all here for you.....we all know how you feel......you are not alone.....

New Leaf

Thank you all for your kindness. I had to go to work. I am blessed to have folks understand there and here on CD.

Just kind of had the wind knocked out of me. I haven't seen my daughter in four months and as I had feared, no changes.

It does not mean change won't come.
I will continue to have hope and pray.

Just that I had to come to terms again, with what is now.

I go with my son this afternoon to paddling practice and help with his crew.

It is good that I have this to do, to keep my mind on positive things.

The irony of it is that I have focused on giving this part of me that I have experienced, loved and learned- to children, in hopes they can have a spiritually, physically uplifting habit, to help keep them away from the temptations out there, to keep them busy and off the streets.
Yet,
I cannot prevent my adult d cs from making this horrendous choice.

I tried, Lord knows I tried.

Life is a mystery, and it is beautiful, but also hard.

I pray for everyone out there, and for those suffering the recent shooting in France.

Thank you again for your prayers and help and encouraging words.

I know I did the right thing.

Sometimes the right thing is painful.

But it is the right thing.

I will check in later.

Mahalo nui
leafy

Copabanana

New Leaf, clearly your daughter came home for love and support and safe harbor.

She also knew what she would find. You. And she knew what you would say.

That she came home is a hopeful sign. It shows her ambivalence.

She wants the life you represent. She just wants something else more. For now.

What a long day and long few days you have had. I hope you have a restful evening and weekend. Does your husband know yet?

COPA

Copabanana

Kalahou, that was the most beautiful rendition of that song that I have ever heard. I did not want it to end. And the video was full of love and community. I have never thought of going to Hawaii or living there because of bad memories. I want to go now.

Thank you for sharing. So much.

New Leaf, is this what your life is like? I will picture you here. This way.

COPA

New Leaf

New Leaf, clearly your daughter came home for love and support and safe harbor.

She also knew what she would find. You. And she knew what you would say.

That she came home is a hopeful sign. It shows her ambivalence.

She wants the life you represent. She just wants something else more. For now.

What a long day and long few days you have had. I hope you have a restful evening and weekend. Does your husband know yet?

COPA
He was home waiting to go to his doctors appointment. He has a procedure on Tuesday. He is stoic, but I know he is hurt.
"People who want to do drugs find someone to blame. She doesn't want to stop, that's it.
She does not want to help herself.
There is nothing to be done for someone who does not want to help themselves."
So here we are.
Thank you Copa.
I hope your back is better.

leafy
Ps it is a shame Iz died so young. He was a sweet, fun, lovely man.

Scent of Cedar *

I looked up Israel on Wikipedia. How sad for everybody that he died young.

He was very heavy, to the point that his appearance was impossible to determine once he began to sing. He does not hate himself. And so, we see what it would look like, not to hate ourselves or anyone else.

What an extraordinary thing.

The song before Israel was the Hawaiian man singing to the Sun.

And this morning, tuning in to Paris in one mindset, I found instead a mosque in Iran. It was breathtaking, inside and out.

It has been a day of surprises.

How beautiful, Leafy and kalahou. I am so curious about these Native belief systems. I think I have seen Israel in the movie Shallow Hal. Such a big man with so small an instrument. Yet, somehow, so easy and accepting, in all that flesh.

Somewhere in the reading I have done about him this morning, Israel was considered a Buddha figure. Does anyone know how it happened that he was named Israel?

http://www.mountainapplecompany.com/blog/artist/israel-kamakawiwoole/

Cedar

http://the-red-thread.net/IS-RA-EL.html

New Leaf

Breathe ~~ New Leaf
Take a short mind trip -
Sharing breath ~~ Alo HA

Mahalo Kalahou, That was beautiful. Hubs and I went to see Iz before he passed in concert at the Waikiki Shell. He was an amazing person. Such a gift.

I feel much better today. The sting of seeing my daughter in this state has lessened. I do not even know if what she told me was true. It is sad, but I will continue to pray and hold out hope for her.
One day, she may find her way back to herself.
I pray it is sooner than later.
I am thankful to have had the support and wisdom from this site, there is no way that she would be able to stay with us, in her present mind.
She needs to realize that she needs help. It is hard to hear her speak of herself as nothing.
This is what meth does.
It is no wonder that folks addicted to this drug commit acts that go against their nature, their ohana.

If we lose ourselves, what is there to prevent us from viewing everything and everybody as having no worth?

My youngest girl lamented "Mom, I wish we we could all be family again"

I wish the same too.
We shall keep praying.

I hope all is well with you Kalahou. Keep strong. Folks may not understand what you are going through, and the decision you have made to let your son make his own way. It is the right thing to do.

leafy

Carolita2

Thank you Pas. I am okay with not reaching them.
I do not want the trouble attached, if you know what I mean.
This new appearance of clues in my back yard has caught me off guard.
My d c is not in her right mind, and doesn't think twice of using us for an ends to her means.
I am trying to relax and not spin into a frenzy. Can't control what I don't know. No sense losing sleep or worrying.

One day a at a time.
Thank you for your kindness,
leafy
Dear Leafy,
I am sorry I did not see your post on PE..I have been staying on SA..
Ugh, I remember the meth..yes the days of sleeping when they come down..from it..
It is weird the home invasion behavior..
You sound strong Leafy...you are not letting it take you down. The work you have done to get to this place is apparent.
You did it when you were ready..results may have not been different and we will never know.

Love, Carolita

New Leaf

Dear Leafy,
I am sorry I did not see your post on PE..I have been staying on SA..
Ugh, I remember the meth..yes the days of sleeping when they come down..from it..
It is weird the home invasion behavior..
You sound strong Leafy...you are not letting it take you down. The work you have done to get to this place is apparent.
You did it when you were ready..results may have not been different and we will never know.

Love, Carolita
Thank you Carolita for your encouragement.
I am so very thankful to have been strengthened through prayers and CD.
I honestly couldn't tell you how I would have reacted otherwise.
To see my daughter disheveled and bloodied is a shock.
To have to turn her back from whence she came in that condition, hard.
After speaking with her, I could see she was in the same deep hole.
Not barely responsive, sullen and blaming.
I am blessed to have my boy in the forefront of my mind,
it saved me from slipping.
Thank you, it is true that we will never know if things would be otherwise,
if I had put my foot down years ago.

Thank you Carolita. I pray for you and your troubles and hope your doctors appointment goes well.
(((HUGS)))
Love, leafy

Kalahou

New Leaf,
I am very impressed by how you wrote some of your previous postings on this thread in verse … making a mele. It’s like your inner soul and feelings just pour out to be so creatively expressed. Your meles express the truths of your aching heart speaking to our hearts. Do you write verse as a hobby or in other situations also? It is a true skill to have that way with words. It made me go back and re-read your posts many times to see the rhythm and rhyme and how your few words roared a waterfall of your thoughts and feelings. So akamai. Thank you.

Also I wanted to tell you that I love your pueo avatar on the ohia lehua tree. Beautiful. My son’s former home with his family had a 2 ft high pueo yard décor sitting atop the front wall. I always liked to see it there. It reminded me to try to think wisely. I’ve heard some say pueo is the protector, and also an amakua of divine guidance. Each time I see your avatar, that’s what I am reminded of. How appropriate to have such meaningful symbolism in a forum where we need and seek protection and guidance from each other.

I may not post again for a few days now, but I hold all the folks here and their situations in care and for the best.
It’s all pono. ~~ Kalahou

Carolita2

Thank you Carolita for your encouragement.
I am so very thankful to have been strengthened through prayers and CD.
I honestly couldn't tell you how I would have reacted otherwise.
To see my daughter disheveled and bloodied is a shock.
To have to turn her back from whence she came in that condition, hard.
After speaking with her, I could see she was in the same deep hole.
Not barely responsive, sullen and blaming.
I am blessed to have my boy in the forefront of my mind,
it saved me from slipping.
Thank you, it is true that we will never know if things would be otherwise,
if I had put my foot down years ago.

Thank you Carolita. I pray for you and your troubles and hope your doctors appointment goes well.
(((HUGS)))
Love, leafy
Hi Leafy, How are you doing today?

New Leaf

Why thank you Kalahou, I am most humbled by your post. I have always had thoughts pour out of me spontaneously. I keep notebooks everywhere, for when the thoughts come, they come fast and furious, if I do not capture them, they are gone.

I think this is why my siblings considered me odd as a child, I think differently.
It was too obvious, even as a child.

Maybe this is why Hawaii struck me as home, when I first came here, so long ago.
I was always fascinated by her beauty, and the beauty of Kanaka Maoli.
The way they think, and speak, is different.

I am far away from my family, but this is my true home.

It's funny, when my Dad was alive he asked me why I was having another child (my 5th). I quipped that a Hawaiian professor had talked of the need to increase the Hawaiian nation. He said wryly, "Yes, but you are also diluting it."
I am not from here, a haole, not born of the islands. I am not insulted by the term haole. I understand the meaning of it. Having Hawaiian children, has made me look more deeply into their roots. I do not wish to change what I am, or pretend to be something I am not. But I do have great respect and love for this land and her people.

I have lived here longer than my birthplace.

I am truly blessed to be here, and to have experienced the rich cultural heritage of my husbands people. Two of my girls, were educated in Hawaiian Charter Schools. This demands much from ohana, so we delved in to kokua, and I learned much from the natural exchange that occurred.

It is impossible to live where my family lives,
and not feel the influence and mana of the upper realm.
There is so much connection, to everything.

I have seen pueo in the early morning hours here.
they are our family aumakua,
mo'olelo speak of them warning our ohana.

I have felt the presence of ancestors, the old ones.

It is said, that if one is pono here, where we live,
there is nothing to worry about.

If one is not pono
there is pilikia, trouble.

One does not normally speak of such things, but I will write of it here, because the telling of it extols the dangers of this drug, ice, meth, and what it conjures up, even from the unseen places.

My 4th girl would go to her room and sleep a sound sleep, with no disruption, no tales of fears or nightmares.

My oldest reappeared (for she had not been living at home for awhile). As usual, the move in, started out
ok, then degraded to the same old, same old.

My youngest girl started to have a hard time sleeping.
She came to me and told me, there was something watching her, from her closet.
It did not give her a good feeling, Kalahou. This was not aumakua.

We prayed.

That "something" left when my oldest daughter left. Many will say it was my youngests stress, or imagination.
But I know, Kalahou. I do not live here, surrounded by this culture, and not know.

I thank you so much for your connecting with me, and sharing your sign.

It is a good feeling, yes you are right Kalahou, we seek protection and guidance from each other. We are all encouraged by each others stories and strength, and can shelter each other with kindness, fellow feeling and understanding in difficult times.

I have often though about the mystery of this communication, the worldwide web.

It is intriguing,
the Hawaiians
look to the stars as great navigators.
Here, our thoughts
travel from our fingertips
on the keyboard
to the far reaches
of the atmosphere
and back again
to this site.

:starplucker:

What a amazing thing life is.

Mahalo Kalahou, I will miss you and await your next post

Malama pono

leafy

New Leaf

Hi Leafy, How are you doing today?
Hi Carolita, I am much better thank you. I have sat at my one eyed monolith too long, and the hubs is not happy. So I must get going. But I wanted to acknowledge your post, and thank you and wish you peace.
I hope you have a truly wonderful Sunday.
(((HUGS)))
leafy

Carolita2

Hi Carolita, I am much better thank you. I have sat at my one eyed monolith too long, and the hubs is not happy. So I must get going. But I wanted to acknowledge your post, and thank you and wish you peace.
I hope you have a truly wonderful Sunday.
(((HUGS)))
leafy
Glad to hear that..Do you find that you recover quicker from these upsetting situations?.Aging helps memory drifts? Obsession slips a little.. wishful thinking here..xc

Carolita2

Why thank you Kalahou, I am most humbled by your post. I have always had thoughts pour out of me spontaneously. I keep notebooks everywhere, for when the thoughts come, they come fast and furious, if I do not capture them, they are gone.

I think this is why my siblings considered me odd as a child, I think differently.
It was too obvious, even as a child.

Maybe this is why Hawaii struck me as home, when I first came here, so long ago.
I was always fascinated by her beauty, and the beauty of Kanaka Maoli.
The way they think, and speak, is different.

I am far away from my family, but this is my true home.

It's funny, when my Dad was alive he asked me why I was having another child (my 5th). I quipped that a Hawaiian professor had talked of the need to increase the Hawaiian nation. He said wryly, "Yes, but you are also diluting it."
I am not from here, a haole, not born of the islands. I am not insulted by the term haole. I understand the meaning of it. Having Hawaiian children, has made me look more deeply into their roots. I do not wish to change what I am, or pretend to be something I am not. But I do have great respect and love for this land and her people.

I have lived here longer than my birthplace.

I am truly blessed to be here, and to have experienced the rich cultural heritage of my husbands people. Two of my girls, were educated in Hawaiian Charter Schools. This demands much from ohana, so we delved in to kokua, and I learned much from the natural exchange that occurred.

It is impossible to live where my family lives,
and not feel the influence and mana of the upper realm.
There is so much connection, to everything.

I have seen pueo in the early morning hours here.
they are our family aumakua,
mo'olelo speak of them warning our ohana.

I have felt the presence of ancestors, the old ones.

It is said, that if one is pono here, where we live,
there is nothing to worry about.

If one is not pono
there is pilikia, trouble.

One does not normally speak of such things, but I will write of it here, because the telling of it extols the dangers of this drug, ice, meth, and what it conjures up, even from the unseen places.

My 4th girl would go to her room and sleep a sound sleep, with no disruption, no tales of fears or nightmares.

My oldest reappeared (for she had not been living at home for awhile). As usual, the move in, started out
ok, then degraded to the same old, same old.

My youngest girl started to have a hard time sleeping.
She came to me and told me, there was something watching her, from her closet.
It did not give her a good feeling, Kalahou. This was not aumakua.

We prayed.

That "something" left when my oldest daughter left. Many will say it was my youngests stress, or imagination.
But I know, Kalahou. I do not live here, surrounded by this culture, and not know.

I thank you so much for your connecting with me, and sharing your sign.

It is a good feeling, yes you are right Kalahou, we seek protection and guidance from each other. We are all encouraged by each others stories and strength, and can shelter each other with kindness, fellow feeling and understanding in difficult times.

I have often though about the mystery of this communication, the worldwide web.

It is intriguing,
the Hawaiians
look to the stars as great navigators.
Here, our thoughts
travel from our fingertips
on the keyboard
to the far reaches
of the atmosphere
and back again
to this site.

:starplucker:

What a amazing thing life is.

Mahalo Kalahou, I will miss you and await your next post

Malama pono

leafy
Thank for this interesting post....It makes me want to learn more about the culture and people of Hawaii..My Difficult Child lived in near Hilo in mountains for 7 months...Your words do flow leafy..Kalahou, I have gleaned much from reading your post and your process..and all the subsequent posts..
xxcarolita

New Leaf

Glad to hear that..Do you find that you recover quicker from these upsetting situations?.Aging helps memory drifts? Obsession slips a little.. wishful thinking here..xc
Hi Carolita,
More than aging and memory slips, it is an understanding that I cannot control what happens with my adult children.
I cannot fix them.
I can grasp, that drug use, begets people use. More so parent use.
It is easy for them to walk all over us, because we let them.
Of course, we do not see it at first, because we are desperate to "help" them.
I did not come to see this for many years.

How wrong I was to continue to sacrifice the peace in my life, my home, to "help" them.
They "helped" themselves to whatever they wanted, with nary a concern for us.

It becomes a vicious cycle.

D cs desperate to find a way, any way to get their next fix,
parents desperate to find a way, any way to fix their d cs.
We fall into this dance so readily
Blinded by love for our d cs
We do not see that what is happening to them, is also happening to us.

I believe our d cs began to really despise us, for our blind love.
We became easy targets, their hearts hardened by addiction.

Nobody else would put up with the craziness of it.

So our d cs kept reaching out to us
and we kept trying to rescue them.

As my hubs said, we cannot help someone who does not want to help themselves.
( I am glad to hear that from my hubs, he has come a long way.)

It is hard to think of my daughter walking down the road in the pouring rain.
It was her choice.
I owe it to myself, my husband and our young son, to rebuild.

Obsession is a kind of addiction too, Carolita.

ob·ses·sion
1. Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion,
often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety.
2. A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion.

So it is not healthy for us to keep our thoughts trained upon our d cs,
we cannot control their choices, or actions.

I think letting go happens in steps. We realize that we can no longer help, so we detach physically. Our d cs no longer occupy our homes, we stop paying for their things, their lifestyles. But, our d cs continue to occupy our thoughts, we find ourselves worrying about how they are living, what they are doing.

Our thoughts become trained on our d cs.
So, we must start to train our thoughts.

I believe it is very important to build ourselves back up,
we become so broken in this dance of addiction/enabling.

Taking care of our health, finding activities, engaging in hobbies,
to fill up our time and our minds is helpful.

Taking it one day at a time, is important.

This was a long slow process, entrenched in the drama of our d cs.
It will take some time to come through.

But we will come through.

Slow, steady progress.

Back to finding the joy in our lives.

(((HUGS)))
leafy