It is stolen!!!!!

Andy

husband bought easy child a new laptop with whatever she needed for school (expensive) for her on-line classes.

She had another program that needed to be loaded. Her friend J helps her with her computer needs.

So, easy child drops her laptop off at J's apartment this morning.

The lap top is now GONE!!!! J states he had a friend over this morning who was there when he left for work. When he got home, all doors were locked and the screen door is busted in and now the friend (girl) is not answering her phone.

J called the police to track her down since J is sure she has it. J knows he is responsible for it. However, we don't have time for this, easy child needs her lap top for school.

OMG - easy child has ALL her homework on that machine. We can't afford another one. She is going to have to find a machine to borrow to get her work done.

WE NEED THAT LAPTOP BACK - NOW - LIKE 2 HOURS AGO!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I hope they track this girl down and get it back. That really stinks. Does the school have a computer lab she can use to redo the homework until she gets hers back?

Keeping fingers crossed. Guess her friend J learned a hard lesson. So sorry.

Andy

Thank you! I am still so upset about this. I don't know why, but I do have a feeling that we can still get it back, just don't know when and in what condition.

I told easy child to check the dumpster at J's apt and also search his apt in the event is was just hidden as a joke.

The police are looking for the two people who may be part of this. They however will not check pawn shops! I would think that there would be a system in place that pawn shops get notices of stolen items. So, easy child is contacting pawn shops.

J states pawn shops will not take a laptop without the power cord. The idiot who took it left behind the power cord! I think that would be easy enough to replace.

easy child is at J's house watching his baby - he better be out pounding the pavement looking for his "friends".

We have come to the conclussion that the on-line teachers will not care that the laptop was stolen and she will fail for not getting assignments in. She is sure the Microsoft disk she needs was in the computer.

She needs to find out when the campus computer lab is available so she can go there. I would hope it is available in the evenings! Otherwise she will need to drop her babysitting job(s).

She was doing so well - AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWHHHHHHHH! (hear me screaming?)

NOT GOOD NOT GOOD NOT GOOD

Abbey

Spork Queen
Not that this will help at this point, but I have some sort of device, don't remember what it is called, attached to all my laptops for my business. It's like a homing device that I can activate if ever one is stolen. I'll ask husband what it is called.

I hope she gets it back!!

Abbey

KTMom91

So sorry this happened! Hope J is able to find his so-called friend and get the laptop back. easy child's teachers may not care, but if she contacts them and has a police report number, they might give her some time to redo the work. It's worth a try anyway.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I agree with KTMom. Usually with circumstances beyond your control teachers will make an honest effort to work with you.

busywend

These are the life lessons we wish we never had to learn.

Lessons here:
-use a USB to hold all homework assignments
-stay with laptop whenever it is being worked on at a non-business site
-know the computer lab schedule at school

None of these things we think about until we have to. It is life though. That is when we start to think about the 'what ifs' and are more prepared for events such as this.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Scan copy of police report and detectives phone and fax - send to on line teachers - it's worth a shot.