It is time...

tiredmommy

My kitty Pookie has had three seizures in four days. She has very little interest in eating or drinking. She's lost a lot of weight. I'll be calling tomorrow to make an appointment to put my girl down. :crying:

J

joneshockey

Poor baby! I am sorry to hear such bad news... what a hard thing to have to do! I will be thinking of you!

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm so sorry for you and sweet Pookie. I know this is hard. You have been together a long time. Hugs.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
TM. I'm sorry to hear this. I've had to help too many beloved furkids cross over in my time. You are doing the right thing for Pookie, hard though it will be.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I'm so sorry, we are going through the same slow process with our Maine coon. I wish they could just tell us when they are ready to go.

I'm so sorry TM, I'll be thinking of you. I've had to do this with several beloved dogs.

xxxoooxoxoxo Take care. (((((((Pookie)))))) Love to your kitty.

tiredmommy

Thank you everyone. It's been a hard evening around here. Pookie is very much a big part of our family. Duckie was subdued, husband is grasping and I'm... heartbroken. I can't bear the thought of Pookie suffering or dying alone. She's secluding herself and is drinking very little and eating even less. She's breathing through her mouth (but not panting, more like her nose is blocked). She's down to about 7 pounds which is less than half of what she weighed last year. We've been lucky to have her this long: she was diagnosis'd with lymphoblastic leukemia over 5 years ago. She's done well up until the last few months with the exception of the occasional seizure.

busywend

I am so sorry, TM. Hugs for your hurting kitty-mommy heart.

We just had a family loss, Roxy, my sister's dog of 16 years. It is so hard to have a family member no longer in the home.

HUGS!