It looks like it's moving time for CD members...

F

flutterbee

Karen's moving. BBK's absence on the board leads me to believe she's moved over the weekend. And I'm moving December 1!

I have to be getting out of my house. 3 bedroom apartments are hard to come by in my community. 2 of the 4 apartment communities that offer them are tax credit (I think that means they're subsidized) and the other 2 always have a waiting list. I went to one of the communities today and one of their tenants in a 3 bedroom townhome just gave notice unexpectedly this morning! What timing! It's 3 bedrooms, laundry and a full bath upstairs, kitchen living room, half bath downstairs with a private, enclosed patio and an attached 2 car garage. It's an older community (about 25 years old...most everything else in this town is new), but it's very well maintained and very family oriented complete with a private pool.

This is one of the things that has been hanging over my head and making me crazy. I'm so relieved that I'm almost giddy. :smile:

Now I have to pack. Yuck. I could do without that part. :wink:

DDD

How wonderful that the apartment "fell into your lap". To me
that indicates that it was meant to be and is likely going to be
a happy new home. Congrats! DDD

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I hope this goes smoothly!!! I am so happy for you... what a relief. I know moving is not fun... husband is, as we write, driving across Illinois with a trailor to get the rest of our stuff from Gary, IN!!! He has had it in his office storage for the last year...

I am so happy for everyone and the moves...
I hope you feel a little bit of weight lifted Heather.

:smile:

I also was thinking hopefully BBK was moving... and staying healthy!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wonderful news Heather. I also believe that this must be meant for you.

I'm sure that's one huge load off of your mind.

by the way, I've always hated packing and unpacking, although after so many times of doing it over the years I can pretty much manage both in about a day.

F

flutterbee

That's right; Fran just moved, too.

I do think it's meant to be.

I moved a lot growing up...6 schools in 4 years...and I was always adamant about not doing that with my children. We've lived within a one mile radius since easy child started kindergarten. This move is about 3 miles away. easy child is having a hard time because his best friend lives right around the corner from us. They have the kind of friendship where they literally just walk into each other's houses...his friend is family here and vice versa. Even though he's 16 and has his permit (will have his license soon), it's not the same. Another friend of his lives right across the street from where we'll be living, so I feel better about that.

difficult child is excited about the move. It's been slim pickings for girls her age around here and difficult child has a hard time making friend as it is. The lady in the leasing office is the grandmother of a friend of difficult child's and she took difficult child on an all night cancer walk this spring. She thought that difficult child was a very sweet girl. Plus, her granddaughter just moved into the neighborhood.

I think it's all working out the way it's supposed to. I'm very excited.

KFld

Congratulations!!!! That is pretty much what happened with my apartment. I told my brother in law that I was going to start looking and he just happened to have the perfect one available.

easy child daughter and I slept there for the first time last night and it was awesome. I absolutley love it. It's so cozy. I didn't want to leave it and come to work this morning.

I know the packing isn't fun, but wait until you start unpacking and make it your own. You're going to love it.