It's Week Twenty-Three; Focusing on "Me"

LittleDudesMom

No, no, no. Not me, "Me" meaning you!!! Is that clear!!!

Last night at WW we talked about being good to yourself, thinking highly of yourself, and pampering yourself. Our leader told us to find five things that are pampering and good - can some, all, or one of them involve food??????

So, slow and steady for me. Down 1.8 bringing my total painfully close to 35. I'm at a total loss of 34.4 pounds in 22 weeks. I can tell you that the extra exercising is definately making me hungrier, but I am loosing at a good steady clip with this new routine. I am proud to say that I did a record 10 minutes and 3 seconds on the elliptical Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is quiet a feet. Speaking of leg parts, my knees were screaming!

So I think I'm going to stick to the 10 min for now. Do my weight lifting program, 30 mins on the tread and then 10 on the elliptical. That's going to be my routine for the next week at least!

So how's it going ladies? Some of you are new this week - welcome! We update and celebrate our successes, discuss our roadblocks and hurdles, and generally support each other in our healthful living committments.

We want to hear from all of you here - not just a handful. Don't be embarrassed or ashamed to share. Heck, if I can tell you what poundage it took at reach my first 10% (translate you can figure my starting weight), you can share too.

Sharing ideas, celebrating successes, exchanging ideas, lifting up those who need incentive, are big reasons why we can move forward.

What is happening in week 23?

Sharon

trinityroyal

Sharon--Way to go! (almost) 35 lbs and 10 min on the elliptical AFTER you've already done weights and the treadmill is a great accomplishment. Congratulations!

I have had a crazy-busy week, preparing for an upcoming 5-week business trip (blech!), but I have been trying very hard to maintain a balance between work and the rest of my life, so I have been going to bed at a reasonable hour and I feel pretty good.

AND...
My dance exam was last night.

I did the Salsa, Cha-Cha, Swing, Rumba and Tango (which I only started learning 2 weeks ago...eeek!)

Arrived at the studio a bit late, because a meeting ran WAY overtime (3 1/2 hours instead of the scheduled 1 hour). My teacher grabbed me as soon I walked in the door. We did a quick warm-up and practice, and then the head instructor came over to start the exam.

I guess I didn't have time to think, worry or be nervous, because I was running so late. Which turned out to be a good thing. I passed all of the tests! Yay!
(And my teacher got a good performance review, because of my test results. Yay again!)

My new classes start next week. I am so excited.

Trinity

Sharon (LDM), I'm so proud of you!!! I agree - Exercise makes me hungrier too. Keep up the excellent work!!!

Trinity, Congratulations on passing the tests!!! I'm glad you've found a form of exercise that you thoroughly enjoy!!! You sound good this week even though you're so Busy. I hope the business trip goes smoothly.

I really don't have much to report this week. I'm still maintaining my weight by eating healthy. I'm still going to physical therapy. Friday I have an appointment with the ortho doctor's physician's assistant. I think I'm going to get a script for a topical steroid to hopefully bring the swelling down... Even though my ankle is still swollen, it feels much better. I've been doing exercises in physical therapy to strengthen the small muscles in my foot. I'm also doing some of the same exercises at home.

I'm still taking time for myself every day. While this helps, I've been feeling a little down this week - There are so many negative things going on in my life that I have absolutely no control over...

I hope everyone is doing well. If some of us have slipped up, REMEMBER, today is the first day of the rest of our lives!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!! WFEN

Marguerite

Just a quick response - I don't know what my weight is for sure. I saw the doctor today but didn't weigh myself (no time). I also ate two pieces of birthday cake over the weekend (my birthday party with the family on Sunday night). We're wearing warmer clothing, so it's really hard to know for sure. I'm still following the diet carefully so the weight should still be coming off. I just started my fourth month of the diet pills.

Added in - about three weeks ago I suddenly noticed my left calf was hurting, especially when walking. I talked to the doctor about it a week ago, she said to come back in a few days if it didn't ease. So with the leg no better, I went back today - she wants it checked out, doesn't think it's a clot but said to not exercise at all until I've found out for sure (ultrasound).

I've been doing step aerobics on the Wii Fit (and my leg was no worse after that, other than the usual added soreness I get just walking around the house).

And now for the next thing I need to do, to maintain my health - get more sleep! it's just after midnight (again) and I need to talk more later.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
LDM-Wow-you are doing fantastic!!!! You must be feeling so good!!!

Trinity-Awesome news on the dance test!!!!

WFEN-I'm glad your ankle is feeling a bit better and that you are still finding "me" time each day!!

Marg-It's good you are still losing weight! Be sure to follow doctor's orders:)

Not much for me this week. I'm feeling a bit cranky because this is the third day in a row I'm not getting in my exercise and I'm not sure tomorrow is looking a whole lot better. I know I need to cut myself some slack because it is the last week of school but in other years it just didn't matter I always made sure I got there regardless of what was going on. It's o.k. though, I'll be back on track next week.

LittleDudesMom

Trinity, congrats on the dance test. Waiting for another video! A five week business trip - sounds awful to me. Are you actually away from home all that time or are you kinda back and forth?

WFEN, managing your weight, eating healthy, taking care of your ankle...all that is news to report. You are doing great!

Marg, you are doing wonderfully. I can't wait until you get a liver update. When do you go back in for tests? Please take care of that leg.

Sharon, you know, when you have little children you sometimes think as they get older you will have more time. I have found the total oppostite! Older children require more time which equals finding creative and different ways to make time for you. Just keep thinking my dear, only two days left then it's daily naps and daily trips to the health club with husband!

What about the rest of you??????? We are waiting.........

Sharon

trinityroyal

Trinity, congrats on the dance test. Waiting for another video! A five week business trip - sounds awful to me. Are you actually away from home all that time or are you kinda back and forth?

Thankfully, I'm not gone for the whole 5 weeks, but I'm still dreading it.
I need to go to 5 different cities several times over the next 5 weeks to meet with my regional teams, deliver seminars and all sorts of other nonsense.

I'm just grateful that it's happening in summer. Last time I had to do the road show it was in December and January, and I had the Northern Ontario route. (flying Bearskin Airlines to parts of the province that don't have any roads...eeek)

WOW! Everyone is doing so wel!!! I just got back from rowing practice, its really the only excercise I do. But, it's beautiful out on the water, and I'm feeling like I kicked my own butt at the moment.

I've been eating really well, and I'm not hungry at all. I know I lost weight and I love waking up in the morning feeling good, skinny, and like things are going in the right direction. I just needed to get going.......-Alyssa

LittleDudesMom

Trinity, hope your travels are a little easier, and warmer, this time! Must be hard to be away from your little sweetie that long (well, the big sweetie too I guess)

uan, that "how you feel when you wake in the morning" is a good point. I can acutally gauge what kind of day I had the day prior upon first waking in the morning! I'm sure the scenary is lovely when you are rowing. Intersting sport and exercise!

Sharon

KateM

Shoron (LDM), your persevence in both diet and exercise are inspiring! Keep up the good work!

Sharon (WO), the end of the school year is just so hectic! Ah, but in just a few days, you'll have so much time for exercising!

Trinity, I missed your dance video from a few weeks ago. Sounds like you are quite the dancer -- great and enjoyable exercise!

Marg, that Wii Fit sounds like so much fun! We don't have a Wii, but I'm tempted to get one.

WFEN, sorry to hear you're feeling down! But great that you're maintaining ( when I'm down, my wt goes up -- my biggest downfall is emotional eating)

Upall night -- Rowing , wow, that is great exercise! Are you on a team?

This was my first full week and I did ok. I met my goal of sticking to my WW points. But I hardly exercised! We experienced a heat wave and that worked against me. I don't belong to a gym, so I count on walking and biking and it just didn't happen this past week.

This coming week will be better. The heat is down.And I'll have more time now that school's out and I'm not driving the kids all the time.

LittleDudesMom

Kate,

good for you for sticking with your WW points! You know, I started WW in January and waited until mid-March before I started working out. I needed to focus on one thing and get some good stuff going. For me, it was a mental thing.

Couple options to working out without a gym, especially when it is warm outside - one question would be do you have comcast or verizon? I know that the comcast on demand has some great exercise programs. They have a home walking one that's great - 7 minutes. They have some fun ones too (The Girls Next Door!).

And you may want to go out to Target or Walmart and look for a good work out video. Maybe get a couple light weights too. You probably could get away fairly cheap. Maybe you could also check your local blockbuster or video world and see if they have any used videos for sale.

The owner of the gym I go to acutally gave me some good toning exercises that I could do while watching tv at home. No equipment needed!

Good luck and again, congrats for making the start and sticking to it!! Are you doing flex or core?

Sharon

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'll check in for the first time.
Everyone sounds like they're doing so well! I'm jealous! I should have jumped on this wagon back in January!
I weighed at the doctor yesterday afternoon, shortly after lunch, and was hovering between 3 and 4 pounds lighter than my last weigh-in, which took place on May 30, right before I had lunch that day, so I'm hoping. I've been pretty easily sticking to 130 carbs per day, even with my banana habit. Its not really too bad. I eat most when I'm sitting at my desk at work, so I've been tracking carbs and calories thru the day, and that's helped. Weekends and evenings aren't a problem, when I'm phsyically active, I don't stop to eat much, and my best friend and former sister-in-law have been riding horses several hours the past few weeks, which is good exercise and GREAT fun.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi healthful living buddies. You guys are doing great.

LDM, you are inspirational. Way To Go!!!
Trinity, congratulations on passing the test. I am so impressed.
Wiped out, I can imagine it's irritating to miss your time in the gym.
Up all night, I think I would love rowing. Do you practice on a rowing machine?
KateM, good for you for a good week.
Shari, welcome to the group.
Marguerite, I did step aerobics religiously for years. I loved it. It was exhilarating for me.

I have been out of my home for weeks and not able to keep to my normal routine. Now I am in the kitchen a lot more since I am preparing meals for mom 3 times a day. Fortunately she is on a diabetic diet which is pretty healthy. I was excited that I didn't gain any weight and actually lost a pound and a half. There was a lot of physical work while at mom's so I guess I did ok.

So waking up and feeling like I can fit in my jeans is a good reason to keep going. Thanks for asking. :exercisebike: