Janet, have I missed an inning or two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDD

I really don't want to irritate the Buck sore but I think I've missed something. I haven't been the sharpest pin in the pack lately for sure.

Didn't I read that Tony and Buck were going to look at rooms or apts for Buck last week and didn't I read that Buck had money from work and IRS so he could do that? I'm wondering whether Tony just decided that he does not want Buck to move.

Obviously I don't have any answers but I did have a little hope that last week was going to be the end of the insanity. Hugs. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
.........(whispers........to everyone on the board) Maybe shes you know........(makes finger across throat gesture) him.......:kickedoutsmile:

duct tape, plastic, shovel.........lime - aisle 5 at the Ace Hardware.......:itwashim3:

DammitJanet

Well...one would think wouldnt one. Sigh. They went fishing this week instead. They had three days off work this week but instead of going over and looking at the room/boarding house, they went fishing. Finally yesterday afternoon I put my foot down and they went over there at 4:30 pm and they called me back and said "well we are here. We are looking at the outside. What do you want us to do now?" I told them to knock on someone's door and ask how to get a hold of the landlord for crying out loud! There were people's cars there!

Shaking head.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(sung to you grab a line I'll grab a pole honey)

You grab the lime I'll dig the hole HONEY

You grab the lime I'll dig the hole BABE....

You grab the lime I'll dig the hole
We'll chuck him in and do si do...

Honey, OH baby....myyyyyyyyyyyy

Star*

call 911........call 911
......you know I really think that Star is starting to crack up......from stress or something.....

Really?

Yes....

Personally I think shes GONE cat GONE

Huh....

I think she's been GONE for years.......

No kidding...

Yeah her and Fritz......

Ya don't say.

DammitJanet

Billy was sitting in my bedroom when this phone call came in and asked me who did all the apartment hunting when we moved around and I thought about it for a minute and realized it was me. I have always been the one who has done the calling, business stuff, getting everything set up. Tony only answers phone calls pretty much unless they are to a very unique set of individuals. He seems to function well in his type of work environment but he has never had the gumption to take the steps to move forward in it. Personally I think he could have owned his own company of the same type that he is working for right now ten years ago or so. No reason he couldnt have. At that point, I still had enough of my mind left that I could have done all the business set up no problem. There may have been a few years in there when I was so sick and I lost so much of my mind that Billy would have had to step in but he could have.

Tony grew up without a telephone in his home. They didnt have running water until he was 13. They seem pretty proud of the fact that they were those poor Appalachian kids you see on those commercials. Or Buck does. Tony gets that it wasnt so great a thing.

We had another telling thing tonight. I spent all day cooking an excellent deer stew. It was so tender. Broth was to die for. Veggies were just right. The meat was so tender it melted in your mouth. Nice pan of cornbread to go with it. House smelled like you couldnt wait to dig in when you walked through the door. I even had those little pearl onions in it.

Last night Tony made sausages, mashed potatoes out of those packets and canned green beans. Buck raved over Chef Tony and his wonderful meal.

Tonite I got nothing as he stuffed his face with pig noises. As Tony came out of the bathroom and up the hall and saw him eating he asked Buck how he liked it, Buck said...well it is alright, Ive had better. UGH

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You're a stronger woman than I, Janet. I'd have drowned the man in his stew. At the very least, he'd have been wearing it.

InsaneCdn

Different take... Buck has been on drugs for so long, that it has fried his sense of taste and his sense of smell. So, to him, everything is backwards... the good stuff is "bad" and the bad stuff is "good".... It was that way for GFGbro for a number of years. In which case... maybe it isn't really meant as a personal insult?

(I know, this is Buck we're talking about here, but... )

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I agree with IC's take on the food issues, many addicts have altered senses. Still doesn't change the fact that tiny shouldn't have brought him home and that he's still there, grrrr.

DammitJanet

Doesnt mean he should be gushing over every dang thing Tony makes and calling him Chef Tony and telling him he should be on TV and what not and yet when I make any darn thing its carpy or doesnt even say a thing unless Tony actually pushes him to say something. And oh my gosh the man eats like a caveman. He puts food in a serving dish and goes at it like he is shoveling it in with a pitchfork. With hog noises to boot. Snort, chomp, grind, snort, harumph, wipe mouth with sleeve...more chewing with mouth open...repeat.

DDD

Janet I don't see how there is ever going to be any movement unless you become the "explorer" and pdq. If Buck hasn't already spent all his money it will be gone soon so I see the window of opportunity as small. When you feel well this week could you call the places or maybe get Billy to meet you there so he can inquire about vacancies? Frankly I think there is a snowballs chance in Hades that Buck will leave but you might as well know for sure instead of agonizing over it and having false hope. Maybe the Chamber of Commerce or some other organization has a list of boarding houses/apartments? DDD

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Unfortunately, Janet, I think DDD is correct - it will be up to you to do all the searching, etc., to make certain Buck leaves.

by the way, I would have clocked him but good making all that danged chewing noise. OMG. Wiping his face on his sleeve?? Was he one of the original cavemen?? What a disgusting mess.

DDD

Sad to say, H&R, I am not confident that he is going to leave no matter what a great deal Janet may find. I am hoping and praying so. on the other hand I am a firm believer that you need to face reality and even if it is ugly...at least you're not hoping every day that some miraculous change is going to happen. Weeks turn into months and then into years. I think the strain of the uncertainty is worse for Janet's health than whatever reality turns out to be. Sigh. DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I agree with DDD. Mostly because of too long dealing with katie and M.

I'm not so confident Buck is going to leave either, but IF he is, it looks as if Janet is going to have to do all the calling and ground work. I'd aim for finding a place that Tony can't object to. Buck will find something wrong with anywhere because he doesn't want to go.

When katie and family arrived on my doorstep, I'd already made preliminary calls to shelters AND motels that rent weekly. While they were in the motel I knew they were going to run out of cash, so I did prep calls again, found the catholic shelter in dayton. I'd even made prep calls to our shelter when they came for xmas.....because I had a feeling they wouldn't be returning to dayton shelter. Now after my prep calls, Katie had to make the calls to these places, but I'd sit practically in her lap and if she forgot to ask or tell them anything, I piped up LOUD about it. If I hadn't made those calls, katie's family would probably still be parked in my house, but she and M certainly weren't going to make any. Heck, I even had to do the preliminary stuff for the apartment again.

I know you're health isn't that great and you have bad days. But I'm sure on his days off Billy could help. It would give him some experience in this sort of thing too.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sad to say, H&R, I am not confident that he is going to leave no matter what a great deal Janet may find. I am hoping and praying so. on the other hand I am a firm believer that you need to face reality and even if it is ugly...at least you're not hoping every day that some miraculous change is going to happen. Weeks turn into months and then into years. I think the strain of the uncertainty is worse for Janet's health than whatever reality turns out to be. Sigh. DDD

I think you're right, DDD! Always praying for everyone on this board!

Star*

call 911........call 911
SPeaking of wiping on sleeve - have you seen that commercial where the woman, her son and this executive are standing at the bus stop and the kid wipes his nose on his sleve and the mother looks down and says OH NO don't wipe your nose on your sleeve....(she starts digging in her purse for a tissue) and as she goes to hand one to the kid -The KID is already wiping his nose on the executive man's sleeve????? OMG I nearly fell out of my chair over that commercial......difficult child for sure.

Who cares if he likes her food? It's just weird how much he loves Tony's cooking, he's trying to get IN permanently, and Tony is his way in. At this point, it's really all Tony's fault that Buck is still there. Janet is his WIFE, how dare he put this much strain and anxiety on her. No, Buck knows how to play things just right, I have no doubt he is all BS to Tony, just Tony doesn't know it. He wants to stay and Janet means nothing to him, just a block in his plan to stay forever. That first day that he cleaned the whole house said everything, he had his plan, didn't he come there for a brief visit, then it changes into stay forever? He has a plan to move ou? Yeah, right!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Who cares if he likes her food? It's just weird how much he loves Tony's cooking, he's trying to get IN permanently, and Tony is his way in. At this point, it's really all Tony's fault that Buck is still there. Janet is his WIFE, how dare he put this much strain and anxiety on her. No, Buck knows how to play things just right, I have no doubt he is all BS to Tony, just Tony doesn't know it. He wants to stay and Janet means nothing to him, just a block in his plan to stay forever. That first day that he cleaned the whole house said everything, he had his plan, didn't he come there for a brief visit, then it changes into stay forever? He has a plan to move ou? Yeah, right!

I agree, he has no intention of leaving and as long as he continues to flatter and butter up Tony, he won't leave. God it's to easy...just stroke the ego. How can Janet turn this around?? We need to put our thinking caps on and go at this from a different angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.