Janet, how are you doing?

mstang67chic

Going Green
Unless I missed something, I haven't seen anything new in a couple of days and just wanted to check in with you. Hopefully things are still relatively calm and you are taking care of you. Please update when you can. We're all still thinking of and praying for you and yours.

:flower:

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #990000"> so what's corey's status? enquiring minds want to know.

i hope you got some sleep last night.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

DammitJanet

Cory is still in jail under a $6000 bond. I went and saw him yesterday.

A friend of ours is in jail there for a child support issue and is watching him. He has made trustee status so he has more leeway in the jail. He told me that Cory isnt real stable and is breaking down quite regularly in there. I asked this guy to keep an eye on him for me and to try and get them to refer him to psychiatric.

I actually had a pretty good conversation with Cory. He had some moments where he wanted to refer blame where it didnt belong but when I shifted it back onto his shoulders he accepted it. He told me that he was completely done with all drugs and cigarettes. He had made that decision the moment he was arrested and said he had realized that smoking pot and hanging with these friends was leading him down a path hell bent on destruction. He said he knows now he has to accept that he needs to be on medications and get therapy. He has talked to a lawyer and all that good stuff.

He will be in there for at least a couple more weeks to really think long and hard about this.

I think if he complies with medications, therapy, working, studying for his GED, going to substance abuse meetings, maybe finding a church to meet better friends, then he will be ok. Maybe he can turn things around. Thats all I ever wanted.

Wow, but we bond fast in here, don't we?
I found myself wondering how things went with your visit while I was at the grocery store yesterday.
Glad to hear that he is taking a look at things in a more serious light. An extended stay is probably a very good thing for him.
Get that rest...

Oh, I am so sorry this happened!! My heart is breaking. I am glad they will keep him there for a few weeks, just long enough for him to really learn a lesson and motivate him to make some changes. If this is what it takes for him to do better for himself, and Keyanna, then it will be a blessing in disguise. It sounds like he is feeling that way as well. Im glad you have some answers now. (((hugs)))._Alyssa

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

I'm glad you were able to have a good visit with Cory. It's nice that there is someone who can keep an eye on him too. Hopefully this is what he needed to see the light and stick to treatment.

(((((hugs)))))