Jumpin' on the Worry Wagon

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I know I can't really do anything about this, but I'm a bit worried nonetheless...

husband works for a large private company and we learned yesterday that for the first time in their nearly 80-year history they are having to essentially lay people off. He's been with them since 1991 and while I know that no one is irreplaceable, he has such a vast knowledge of their business system and is perceived as the go-to guy for so many things that I feel his job security is pretty good. Then again, in these times nothing feels very concrete, does it?

So I'm just asking for some good thoughts, rattled beads, magic ju-ju or whatever you can muster up today that his meeting this morning with his boss doesn't result in a pink slip... :anxious:

busywend

Rattling everything. Sending good, positive vibes for your husband.

My meeting is at 4:50 this afternoon to find out my fate.
Yuck!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Sending positive thoughts your way...... hoping that the company values quality employees and keeps loyal, productive ones!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, it appears he's safe for now. They'll know more about specific staff cutbacks for his group towards the end of the year. He hasn't had time yet to share the specifics with me, so I suppose I'll know more by tomorrow.

Thanks for the good vibes, everyone!