Just checking in

tpcmom

Thanks so much for all your support and prayers. I've been in touch with another woman who lost her daughter violently. She called me and asked me to go to this meeting for Parents of Murdered Victims. I may go, but I had a terrible day yesterday.

My first day back at work after all of this, and the HR person calls me in, she was nice and then turns around to me and says, well you know when the company was sold we have to downsize and before this tragedy struck you were considered to be let go (after 18 years) and I just sat there looking at her like what the he** is this, what is happening to me! So she goes on to say that due to this tragedy, they could not even think of this so what they are doing since you know Admins are not used like they used to, most of the guys are self sufficient, so they put me up at the receptionist desk! No change in salary (thank God) but I was devestated, how could they do this to me on my first day back, like if it wasn't for Tim being killed, I would have lost my job, that the death of my child saved it! I went to my 2 bosses who I've been with for many many years and cried and cried. My one boss I was told by another top boss person that he was furious he flipped out on them for doing this to me and made sure that any work that he had I would do for him still no matter what, he most likely saved me. I hugged him and hugged him and he kept saying it will be ok, things will be ok, I'm sick over this. It's just how can this happen after all of what I've been thru and it's like kick the dog while it's down.

My sister told me just go in there and act like it's no big deal, put a smile on your face (if you can) and take care of you. It's going to be hard to do this. Im just sick.

I have no news to give, but I am setting up a fund at the Citizen's Bank in Phila. for him for his reward. My sister went yesterday and it's going to be called either The Timothy Clark Reward Fund or Reward Fund for the Murder of Timothy Clark. they think the later will be better so people will know exactly what it is for. This will keep me going in a sense that I'm trying to do something positive.

I will check out those websites. I've saved them to my favorite places and will check them out more when I get the chance. I wanted to write this before I went to work. I feel like I can't even face anyone there now.

Bette

busywend

Your sister is wise.

It is quite amazing what some people will do, no compassion. All she needed to say was they had to downsize and you were reassigned to reception. No reason to bring up the change due to Tim's death. Geez. No class some people.

I am glad you are back at work. It will get your brain capable of focusing on something different. It is good for you. You are on a roller coaster of emotion - hopefully your coworkers are more compassionate than the HR person.

gottaloveem

Bette, sorry about the turn of events at work. Sounds like your boss is a compassionate man. Your sister gave you good advice. I am not sure there is anything else you can do.

I also agree that being back to work is a good thing. Tim is on your mind anyways. Enjoy the time at work that you are forced to think about something else.

I hope today was a better day.

blb

Bette,

I'm so sorry for everything. I tried to write something to you the other day, but just stared at the keyboard instead. Nothing that I started to type sounded right, trying to find the words to try to give you some solace from an unbearably heavy load- your strength is amazing.

Re your work, I'm glad your one boss stepped up and spoke his mind. Unbelievable re the HR person.

You and your family are in my thoughts. I hope the days get better for you.