Karen?

tiredmommy

You mentioned in another post that you will be preparing roast beef & Yorkshire pudding this holiday season. Would you mind posting your recipe?
My grandmother made the very best Yorkshire pudding, but she never wrote the recipe out. It's lost forever. :crying:
I can make one almost as good, but it's not quite the same. I'd like to try some other recipes to see if I can ever make it like Grandma.

Nancy

I'd like this recipe too. My mother in law made the best Yorkshire pudding but every time I've made it it burns.

Nancy

KFld

I'm glad you asked this question, because you reminded me that I never took my recipe book from the house. I will have to remember to get it, and as soon as I do I will post it.

That wouldn't have been very good christmas morning to not have my recipe.

KFld

I will have the recipe tomorrow night. Your question actually sent me into a panic. I thought I remembered taking it from the house and I could not find it in my apartment anywhere. I was so upset because I thought I lost my mothers yorkshire pudding recipe and it was always her traditional dinner for Chrismtas, our birthdays, whatever. It has always been mine and my brothers favorite meal. I am making it this Christmas in memory of my mom on our first Christmas without her.
I called s2bx and asked him to look in the drawer at the house and it was there. I am going to pick it up tomorrow after work and I'll be sure to post the recipe.

nvts

Whew! You had me worried!

I've never had Yorkshire Pudding, but most of my family has. I'd like to give it a shot over the weekend!

You're great!

Beth

Marguerite

If you get stuck, let me know and I'll ask mother in law, she has the recipe in her head.

One thing about GOOD Yorkshire pudding - you MUST make it fresh, serve it immediately.

mother in law & I were shopping today, she was looking for her favourite apple pies with toffee, and we saw - frozen Yorkshire puddings, little individual ones. Unbelievable - and probably inedible. Reminds me of the time when husband & I saw in the freezer shelf- frozen Bubble 'n Squeak. That's frozen leftovers, for those who don't know it.
You make bubble 'n squeak by getting your leftover vegetables - mashed potato, cooked peas, carrot, cauliflower, broccoli, whatever you have - and frying it all up in the pan, perhaps with an egg or two to bind it. Nothing special, nothing fancy, just whack it in the pan, scrape it around with a spatula and dump it onto plates. The name comes from the sounds it makes when cooking. Hardly a gourmet's delight, but it IS a family favourite, like bread and dripping.
But frozen in the supermarket? As I said, frozen leftovers, by definition.

Almost as bad as frozen Yorkshire pud.

Marg

KFld

The closest thing I have had is one time when I went to a restaurant they had these popovers that really were quite good, but still not the real deal.