KJS...thinking of you...

F

flutterbee

On this very tough day.

Just wanted to let you know you're in my thoughts.

K

Kjs

Thanks for your thoughts. It was a very tough week. My sister who lives in town was overwhelmed and asked for help. difficult child and I took the bus early so husband didn't have to rent a car. He and easy child came a few days later.

Had siblings coming from out of town for several days. As well as nieces and nephews arriving.

Funeral home put together a DVD of her and it was amazing. We gathered pictures from my mothers birth, marriage, each kid as a baby, each grandchild. They did a wonderful job.

Sister in Law also had a cassette recording. She said she interviewed my mom about ten years ago. That is being made into a CD for all kids too.

It was too long. Spent three days preparing a memory board going through a ton of pictures. Then the private visitation the day prior to the service. Then the public viewing and service. difficult child read a reading at the service. sister talked. But all of us kids (six of us) were pall bearers. I held it together until we put her in the hearse. Then I lost it knowing they were taking her away forever. (I am the baby)

The following day (3rd day, and my birthday) was the burial. They called that morning and delayed it until Monday due to rain. I couldn't stay any longer. One week of family did it.

Sad though, that she will be all alone at her burial.

My sister (from out of town) said something AT the service about my son. easy child. To me it was so terrible, so wrong. Had cousins I never even met ask me about it. I was / am tempted to write her a letter(mail) to set the record straight. Then I just think I should forget it.

Not a single one of my neighbor/friends even said they were sorry or got a card. I was hurt by that. Had one friend who lives 45 miles away from me (2.5 hours from Green Bay) take off work and drive all the way. She was the only one I knew that was there.

Thanks again for your thoughts.