Looks like difficult child has a lot to do in a week

Nancy

husband did difficult child's federal and state income taxes for her months ago but we haven't done city yet. He tried to do them today but she lived in three diferent cities and worked in three different cities and each city has their own form and there are no clear directions. They are due April 16 so he called difficult child and told her he would mail her the W2's and she would have to take it to H&R Block and have them figure it. How much do you want to bet she won't file?

She also has not yet had her emissions check for her auto(we require that to prove we aren't polluting) or gotten her new plates which are due next week. Her temporary tag will run out next Sunday.

She told husband she was going to get her wosdom teeth removed. LOL can;t wait to see how much that will cost her.

Looks like difficult child will be a busy bee this next week taking care of all the things grown-ups have to take care of.

I suspect she will be non compliant with both city taxes and auto registration in about a week. But hey she had enough money to buy a whole new stash of pot (blue cheese variety) this week. I'm learning so much about pot that I never knew before.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
This may be wrong but I was told once that you don't have to file if you don't owe any money or if they owe you a refund. She would just lose out on any refund.

Of course, I was told this a long time ago so it may be outdated information.

I doubt your difficult child will be compliant about the emissions check or getting new plates. Our difficult child got at least one ticket for having expired tags.

They just don't seem to be concerned about these kinds of things. by the way, I never heard of a blue cheese variety of marijuana. What is it?

~Kathy

DDD

I'm not a worthwhile resourse since I am on week x with-o cigarettes but this whole addiction subject is a a bummer............no matter what addiction you have. Sigh. DDD

Nancy

She has to file in each city and she moved so many times and changed jobs so many times it's not easy to figure out. She lived in two different cities for each of the three jobs she had. Even if she doesn't owe money the city she lived in has to be able to go back to the city she worked in to get their share and vise versa I guess. We know she owes $11 in our city before she moved but the other three are too confusing to figure out. I doubt whether she will even file but that's her problem. When my husband can't figure it out I know it's complicated.

I'm waiting for her to get stopped for expired plates and they smell the pot an alcohol on her.

Nancy

S

Signorina

Hi Nancy - wishing you some peace in the days ahead. So aggravating how our kids find it so easy to detach from reality & responsibility...yet they hold on to their bad habits with strong hands...

XXOO

Tiredof33

I can tell you from experience the first thing to go will be all medical when they are short on funds. Their top priority is money to party.

A 50+yo living with a relative still has his mother to pay for his dentist and diabetic medications. He says he can't get 'into' working because of his past. I didn't ask past what, and it appeared he was implying drugs, I do know he was a pot head for many years. He has a BA and his only job is selling on the weekends in a flea market.

He doesn't smoke pot anymore, and has not for years, but he is extremely weird! So it goes back to the question, was he like that before the drugs, or, did the drugs make him like that?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Nancy--

I have never heard of "bleu cheese pot"...but, sounds like it must be a heckuva lot more important than that taxes stuff!

I think the expired tags will catch up with her a lot faster than the unpaid taxes. The municipalities may take their time with that...

As for the teeth? Does she have insurance or a health plan of some kind? Most dentists aren't treating anyone if there isn't some kind of payment arrangement made in advance...

Nancy

Daisy she has a Care Credit charge which she uses for her dog and you can use for human medical bills. She has dental insurance through her employer but I don't think it covers oral surgery and if it does it certainly will not cover all the expenses. She doesn't need them out now. She probably wants the pain pills she will get from having them removed. This is a girl who never brushed her teeth and I spents thousands on to fill cavaties between all her teeth. I stopped taking her to the dentist in the past couple years when she was drugging. I wasn't paying to fix teeth that she didn't take care of. She will probably find a dentist who will do it because she has the credit card. Lol trying to get her to pay the bill.

I agree that the expired tags will get her sooner than the taxes. And when she gets stopped for that they will no doubt find her drugs and she will probably be drunk.

husband spent all day yesterday and today so far trying to do her taxes and he thinks he has them done. He is not sure they are correct because of all the moves she has had but did his best. She owes about $100 including all four municipalities and I doubt she will pay them but at least they are done. We are continuing to extract ourselves from the last of her affairs. She is on her own now. I doubt whether she will ever file taxes again because she has no comprehension of it at all.

It dawned on me that there are a lot of addicts out there who move from place to place and I am sure none of them file taxes. Most of them get paid in cash and those that have jobs I'm sure don't keep track of where they have lived every month.

Nancy

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Daisy she has a Care Credit charge which she uses for her dog and you can use for human medical bills. She has dental insurance through her employer but I don't think it covers oral surgery and if it does it certainly will not cover all the expenses. She doesn't need them out now. She probably wants the pain pills she will get from having them removed. This is a girl who never brushed her teeth and I spents thousands on to fill cavaties between all her teeth. I stopped taking her to the dentist in the past couple years when she was drugging. I wasn't paying to fix teeth that she didn't take care of. She will probably find a dentist who will do it because she has the credit card. Lol trying to get her to pay the bill.

Nancy

Shoot. I was hoping that without any way of paying, the dentist would turn her away (and then you could check the wisdom teeth problem off the list. No cash = no dentist)

JJJ

I had never heard of income taxes at the city level. Here the cities get their revenue through property taxes and sales taxes.

Nancy

Our city taxes are ridiculous. Every suburb has their own tax rate and own collection agency and own forms. So if you work in one city and live in another, like most people do, you have to file each each city with two different forms. And since they aren't the same rate you end up having to pay in each city since they don't withdraw enough from your pay. You have to determine how long you lived in each city and what percentage of your wages was earned in that city. When you have someone like difficult child who moved all the time and changed jobs frequently it causes a nightmare. We thought about just not doing anything and letting her face the consequences but decided to finish this years taxes and then let her know she's on her own.

Nancy

InsaneCdn

CITY income tax? I'm glad I live HERE. We're stuck with property and school taxes (school tax being property based). Income tax is at Provincial and Federal level, but in most provinces, it's a single filing.

(speaking of which... time to go dig out the 10 shoeboxes of receipts and start calculating...)