Made In The U.S.A.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks very much!

You know I've said before = if this government really wanted to learn how to save money, pinch pennies, and live on a budget - they should talk to Moms like us.

I think we'll see a resurgence of BUY AMERICAN MADE bumper stickers too - if I found one - I'd use it.

You would think there would be LOADS more American made - huh?

mom_to_3

That's a really sad commentary on our country, don't you think Lothlorien? I would love to support our country and buy only American made. With the economy the way it is, I'd love to do ANYTHING to support our great country!

Lothlorien

Yep, it is sad. My husband and I generally buy American as much as we can. We have always bought American cars, but we have found that the majority of the parts are made overseas. As much as I hate to say it, I have seriously considered a foreign made car, because with all of the American made cars I've owned over the years, once they hit about 50k miles, everything begins to slowly fall apart. My friends who have bought foreign cars have not had near the troubles we've had with ours. I would love to own a car for three years and NOT have squeaks and squeals for a change.

OTH, husband finds that US made tools are better than tools made anywhere else. HOWEVER, (and there is that parenthetical always, isn't there?), because of the cheaper made tools from other countries, it is becoming harder and harder to find US made tools. There are only a few companies that still make tools in the US. Though they are far superior to the non-US made tools, they are considerably more expensive.