Make it stop!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
difficult child has been talking non-stop this afternoon and I can't take one more word! I've sent him upstairs and he still is calling down to us. I need some serious earplugs!!! (We have played games with him today and I played bb with him at the health club but he just cannot entertain himself)!!

O.k., vent over!!!!

TerryJ2

Oh, dear.
Is he giving you a memorized version of the latest TV show? Telling you what he did all day?

... does it matter?

So sorry ...

InsaneCdn

If you can figure out how to make a nonstop talker stop, please let me know? Except, mine isn't difficult child, it's my typical teen girl.

Wiped Out

Staff member
husband said he didn't fall asleep til 11 last night. I finally couldn't take it anymore and went to bed at 9:00!

klmno

Sorry I'm late to this but I'm glad you were able to get some sleep. I remember those evenings and yes, they were exhausting! I was wondering if you could get him to take a long bath or even a short shower when this happens and if that helps relax him and slow it down some.

B

Bunny

difficult child does this sometimes, so I know how frustrating it can. Hopefully, today will be a better day.

Wiped Out

Staff member
He's napping right now!! difficult child always is a non stop talker but yesterday it seemed to be taken to another level! I think some of it is anxiety related as he will ask the same question several times (sometimes hours apart) even though he knows the answer. Some of it might have been somewhat manic but not like when he is truly manic. We haven't seen him truly manic in a long time now that his medications keep him as stable as possible.

Klmno-A bath would help some if nothing else it would have him away from us for a few moments. The problem is getting him to agree to get in the bath.

FLC

This might be silly, but, would it help if, when that happens, you take turns with your husband? Like you just go out and come back two hours later, then your husband goes out and you stay to watch your son.
in my opinion, there is no way you can endure something like that, but your son needs you so you need to take care of yourselves just as well.

Hope that helps

Wiped Out

Staff member
FLC-Not silly at all:) husband and I tag team a lot. We both got long naps yesterday! Honestly, I am in awe of single moms or dads who could do this. With my difficult child I don't think I would have a shred of sanity left (not that I have much anyways-lol).

Jody

Oh gosh I am sorry you had to go thru that. I have an incessant talker. It puts me over the edge real quickly. It is so annoying. I actually have had to put my head down and cover my ears, when I just couldnt take it anymore. Hopefully this is just an episode and it wont become a pattern.

trinityroyal

Oh Sharon, I certainly feel for you. Glad to hear that you and husband both got a chance to get some sleep.

Aside from the intolerables of difficult child-ness (lying, stealing, etc. that usu brings us to the CD Board), the non-stop talking is the bane of my existence. difficult child is a voluble aspie, and I am a silent one, so the combination can be extremely trying for both of us. I've found that being blunt, as in "difficult child. Will. You. Please. Stop. Talking. I'm setting the timer, 10 minutes of total silence, starting NOW." works well. If he can't stay quiet during the timed silence, then it's usually that he either a) hasn't taken his medications or b) hasn't taken them properly.

There are times when I'm tempted to duct-tape his lips together, except I'm convinced he could talk through the tape...