Mamma needs help

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Also, to avoid getting "pinged" by a moderator at some point; please remember that not all the users of this site are Christians. We have members of all different faiths; some common, some not so common.

The commonality on this site is that everyone is dealing with difficult children.

Marguerite

Mamma, how's it going? Any contact with difficult child? He's 16, so it's going to be harder to sort out than if he were 6, but there is always hope.

A few suggestions to help -

1) If you and your husband are a team in other ways (as you seemed to indicate) then would he lurk or post here? For us, it has been amazing. I mean, we thought we were communicating well before (and probably were) but it has been orders of magnitude improved. We just clocked up 30 years' marriage, so we must have already been doing something right. But having him read at least some of what I post has made it easier for us to cope together with the 'fun and games'.

2) A book for you - "The Explosive Child" by Ross Greene. Superficially it may seem counterintuitive, but for many of us here, it really works. There are other books we also recommend, perhaps more specific to conditions such as bipolar, but even if he's not explosive, this book can help. It's a different discipline approach where traditional parenting may not be working for that particular child. However, it's a technique we've found also works well for PCs, so you don't have to be inconsistent across the family.

I just thought - it could be something to read before 28 Feb, to give you maybe some added insight into what might have caused this latest crisis with your son.

Hugs from Down Under, you're not alone.

Marg