Mattsmom227 - moving day?

witzend

Just checking in to see how whackadoo is doing with his move, and to be sure that you are all safe.v

Lothlorien

The last time she posted, she mentioned that the guy was in the hospital for some emergency surgery..this was from another thread

A brief update. He is in hospital, having emerg surgery to remove his gallbladder today. He should be out in a couple of days, right about when the sherrif bolts his door? Going to really tick him off as no way he can pack and get a moving truck etc from a hospital bed. Some of us are wondering if he's going to totally lose it once again. He had the nerve to telephone the superintendent. He wanted HER to use the master key and go to his home, retrieve money from wherever he keeps it, and bring it to another person, who was then to take the money to stock up on lots of beer for him for when he gets home from the hospital. That is really messed up thinking. Drink after gallbladder removal? Drink when you have to M-O-V-E ?? Needless to say, it didn't happen. The superintendent is SOOOOO fed up. Unreal that he would call her on the phone. And for such a ridiculous reason.

Last edited:

Mattsmom277

Morning everyone!

Well first, an update to his surgery. Was it bogus? Was it postponed? Not sure. S/O's sis came to visit yesterday and as she arrived, she saw him stroll to his door. Later as I walked her to her car, I saw him driving a bicycle. So no way he's recouping from a surgery.

As for today, I have no clue whats happening thus far. I've not heard from the superintendent. I could see from her apartment if I go over, what is going on at his door. But from my door and windows I can't see to his door. I know that the super will call if/when there's something to tell. Meanwhile, I could call her I guess. But S/O has slept in late today, rare for him and he deserves it. I know if I call and learn something, he'll want me to wake him. I'll call the super when he gets up if she hasn't called me by then. I could go out and be nosey, step outside and take a peek about. But frankly, I worry about this nutjob today. He won't like leaving. I guess I don't feel so tough all by lonesome to walk outside.

I do know that when I learn his unit is empty and the super goes over to change the locks, I'll be beyond happy. I also hope that the police coordinate arresting him with him moving his stuff out (but AFTER he finishes so he leaves NOTHING behind!). I'll be calling the officer I get along with later today when I know hes on shift for an update on that end.

Thanks for thinking of us :)

witzend

Thank you for writing. They do gallbladder surgery with laproscopy (sp?) these days, so if he's medicated enough you never know what he might be capable of.

Until you know that he is gone, keep your guard up. I hate to give that advice, but this is just surreal. You do have a baseball bat, right? Hit it out of the park if you need to, think of him as a fast pitch if you see him coming.

Marguerite

Witz is right, it could have been done as day surgery. With maybe one or two stitches, if that.

But stay inside, be sensible. It's only one more day you need to really batten down the hatches. Make popcorn and watch movies at home.

Marg

Mattsmom277

OMG! I am soooo sorry! I had typed an update long ago and I thought it went through!

He did have surgery, laproscopic. He was stumbling about with a large bottle of booze the same day he was released. He even threw on a backpack and rode a bike to the beer store that day! STUPID!

Anyhow, I never did get the victory feeling of watching him leave, I was busy acting not worried about it all, that I missed it all! But gone he is. We have no clue where he is living. He was arrested, and bailed out 3 days later. I was far from thrilled, but also far from surprised. We've heard not a thing about him and nobody has seen him (which I take to be a good thing!!!).

We are just grateful that he isn't lurking in our backyard anymore! I had mail go missing the morning that he eventually left. No proof of course where it went, but never happened before and as our boxes are next to each other, can't imagine who else would get away with being at my mail box. GRR! It was nothing identifying or important, but it irked me. I have a locked box now.

Kind of anti-climatic the entire thing, but SOOOOO much better than more drama!!

We've spent the past couple weeks enjoying our yard again and other neighbors have been terrific. We've had a few humorous cards given to us. Its wonderful to see our small little block community come back to life, kids playing, people enjoying their gardens, sitting outside on their decks again.

Mattsmom277

Nearly forgot, I had a say in who gets the idiots apartment, so a good friends son is moving in with his girlfriend. He's 20 years old, a former difficult child turned easy child, a charming kid who has claimed me as his "second mom" since he was a pre-teen. He works at a major car dealership nearby, has lived on his own since 18. He is responsible, has worked to buy his own car, never turns up begging mom for help. He gets along great with difficult child, so they will enjoy being nearby to each other. His g/f works at a fast food place for past 2 years and is a delight. Weirdly, this man-child has same name as difficult child and his g/f has my name haha.

I'm thrilled to know that the block won't be dealing with another nutjob!