When difficult child was in the psychiatric hospital, the psychiatrist wanted to put him on Zyprexa because of thought problems he was having. He was having racing thoughts, too many thoughts that he said were both opposing each other and getting all cluttered up in his head. She put him on the Zyprexa AFTER his mood was stable and he was no longer depressed. He said that his thoughts slowed down, and that he could think of one at a time on the Zyprexa. It also seemed to help his communication skills...he seemed much more certain of himself. Now the outpatient psychiatrist wants to remove the Zyprexa because of weight gain and because "now that his mood is better" he does not really think that he needs it. He says that if he does need it, we will then rescue him with Geodon instead, since it will be better for the weight gain. 1. There are only a couple weeks left of school and he wants to do this NOW! I am feeling very uncomfortable about doing it while he needs to be able to take exams for the end of the year. 2. He was already out of depression and in a great mood when he had the thought complaints, so I am thinking he probably still needs Zyprexa. 3. I recently needed to speak to the psychiatric hospital psychiatrist and she said that not all kids do well on Geodon...that is her experience. Do different AP's work better or worse in different kids? If this is true, then we might try to rescue him on the Geodon and it might not help him! What do you all think of this plan? Then the psychiatrist mentioned that maybe if we increase his Lamictal, he will not need the Zyprexa, but he refuses to increase it first. He thinks he really does not need the Zyprexa, so he will not start by increasing the Lamictal. He needs proof that difficult child actually needs the Zyprexa, before he will try that. I am thinking of telling him that we want to wait until school is out, and that if he needs an AP, and the Geodon doesn't help him then I think we need to put him back on the Zyprexa and increase his Lamictal before trying to take it away again! Maybe a different AP like Abilify would work, and we could try that, but why not wait until school is out? This feels so screwed up to me...any opinions?