Melissa is being responsible!

Sue C

Melissa likes her job, although she does complain about only making $7/hour. Let me tell you what happened today. She has gotten to be friends with one of the girls there, T. Well, the supervisor called Melissa up at 3 pm and asked if she had heard from T or if she knew what was wrong with her. T was supposed to work until 4 pm, but at 3 pm, she text messaged the supervisor that she would never see her step foot into the health club again....and she left! She was the only receptionist on duty. It makes no sense that she would do that.

Melissa has been trying to call T and text message her since then, but she does not answer. We wonder what happened. Melissa and T had gone to the bar last night and she was fine then. The supervisor said T showed up on time for work.

Melissa is sad because she said that T was the only one she liked working with. (one of the older ladies does not like Melissa, according to her) And she announced to me that she and T had been thinking about getting an apartment together in April but now that T did not have a job, it would not work. Besides, T does not have her driver's license because of a DUI.

Anyway, Melissa told me that, "T went mental." And she added that now she could not quit because she would have to help take T's hours. Melissa said that she's looking for another job but would not quit until she had another one. But then she said how she couldn't quit the health club if they really needed her.

She actually sounds responsible!!!!!!!!!!! Wowzers! In the past, she had no problem with just not showing up at jobs and that is how she quit them. She thinks it's really bad that T walked out.

It sounds like Melissa MIGHT be growing up in regard to working. Wouldn't that be awesome!!!

Keep your fingers crossed....
sue

N

Nomad

It sounds super!
I would give her a little extra support since she lost her friend from work and that is always a little hard on person.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sue it's Star.....she's sneaking around and lighting her blow torch again.:rofl:

Goodness! What has come over our difficult child's lately? (not that I'm complaining) Is a Blue Moon due soon?

Wow! Good for Melissa. It certainly does sound as if the responsibility bug has biten her. :happyguy::yes:

As for the friend, what an odd thing. Do males also go to this club? Could someone have appraoched her inappropriately or something?

Hope Melissa hangs in there. She might find with being responsible and not letting her coworkers down in a tight situation will gain their respect. And the coworker that "doesn't like" her may change her tune.

Hugs

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Celebrating with you! I wonder if Melissa finally saw the light by watching someone else be irresponsible....because this girl was a peer, and a friend, Melissa may have felt betrayed, took it personally. And then decided she wouldn't act that way, wouldn't do that to someone else.

Good for her!! Happy for you!! :jumphappy:

Peace

Star*

call 911........call 911
That whole conversations is more than peppered with mature thoughts and wisdom.

GOOD JOB!

Coookie

Sue,

How Wonderful!!!!!!!!! :yes: Observing those seeds of maturity warm our hearts. :) Hoping they continue to grow... :happyguy:

Hugs

Sue C

I wonder if Melissa finally saw the light by watching someone else be irresponsible....because this girl was a peer, and a friend, Melissa may have felt betrayed, took it personally. And then decided she wouldn't act that way, wouldn't do that to someone else.

I think you could be right. I think by seeing a girl her age be irresponsible, it has made her realize how important it is to be responsible. (let's hope it lasts anyway) Today she has to cover some of T's hours and work 11 hours...standing the whole time except when she gets to sit down for a few miinutes to eat lunch (they do not get lunch or other breaks).

She has to start at 7 am each day this week. She is being very responsible. She is gone for work before husband and I are even up. Gone are the days I have to wake her.

An update on T: she will not return Melissa's phone calls or text messages. Melissa heard from someone at work that one of the tennis instructors was "always mean" to her and she just flipped out and couldn't take it anymore and simply left. She left without her coat (Wisconsin cold weather) and without her purse and walked a mile home (she lost her license 'cuz of a DUI).

Sue

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sue

I am sooooo proud of Melissa!!! Up and gone before you even get up? How responsible can you get? Awesome. That she is following thru with her commitment not to let the others at work down.....So mature!:D

Sometimes it take seeing our actions done by others to realize they are wrong. (I hope I put that right lol)

everywoman

Glad to see she is stepping up to the plate. Like I have heard Fran say before---who knows what will happen, so many of our kids having stopped cooking....they aren't done.
I've often wondered if in my old age difficult child will be the one I can rely on--LOL

Blondie

Dear Sue;

This is just such great news. :D

I share your delight + oh my what's going on here?(heh) sentiments. Exactly.

Mia is doing some of this too (oh, finally!!). baby steps towards the realization that Playtime 24/7 doesn't exist in The Real World. Yay!

Love & happy dance /\/\/\/\
Blondie

P.S. It is so odd (ODD? lol) what parallel paths our girls have gone down -- even to the DUI thing with-Melissa & Mia! Jeesch, huh? Spooky. Altho overall, yours are definitely doing better than mine, by all realistic achievement measurements.
More hugs,

The Blonde One, proud of all of you

Sue C

P.S. It is so odd (ODD? lol) what parallel paths our girls have gone down -- even to the DUI thing with-Melissa & Mia!

No, no, no!!! Melissa did NOT have a DUI!!!! The girl she worked with had one and that is why she walked a mile home. The girl at work flipped out. Melissa has been covering her hours for her.

sue

Coookie

Sue,

Keeping everything crossed that Melissa continues. It just gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling when our difficult children do good... :)

Hugs