My difficult child does everything around the house

TrishaBC

No seriously, that's what he told me.

Company was coming last night for supper, so before they came I sent husband and difficult child to the grocery store with a list. I made dessert, then washed the floors, cleaned the bathroom, vacuumed and did a general house tidy.
Later when difficult child came home I was trying to whip potatoes, make gravy, cut a roast, not burn yorkshires, and I asked him if he could open a can of creamed corn for me, he snottily said "I have to do everything around here" :crazy:

witzend

Well, then you need to put your feet up and have a glass of whine - uh, I mean - wine, sweety!

:smile:

AllStressedOut

That sounds like my oldest easy child. I can ask any of my other kids to do 20 things, then I ask easy child to do 1 thing and I get an eye roll and a grunt, usually followed by "Why do I always have to do everything?"

Mmmmm...Wine :smile:...sounds like a good idea to me!

AllStressedOut

I realized after posting, my oldest easy child and your difficult child are the same age, 12. I wonder if it just comes with the territory?

I went to dinner with a friend and our two 12 year old sons. She asked hers to grab her a to go cup and he just stood there and she asked again, still just stood there. So I looked at him and said "Steven Blaine" (made up name to protect the innocent) but used his first and middle name and he immediately went to get her a cup. Boys at this age are just pains in the rear end I think.

meowbunny

Yup, wish I had a nickel for every time I've heard that. One time she got me so mad saying it, I actually made a list of everything I did before she even got out of bed. It did open her eyes for a week or so. :wink:

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hope you are just sitting back enjoying those bon bons.......while difficult child, of course, does it all.........