My head is spinning

F

flutterbee

My GP's office called today. My GP (Dr M) talked to the rheumy (Dr W) and Dr W told Dr M that my blood work is ok, but that I definitely have symptoms and he wants me to have a full work up at the Mayo Clinic. !!! I told the receptionist that the Mayo Clinic doesn't take my insurance and she said that Dr W said they do. I asked if this was in Minnesota and she said she thinks they have a clinic in Cleveland. Is this true? I knew there was Minnesota, Arizona and Florida, but never heard of one in Ohio. I have looked on their website in the recent past and saw no mention of this and saw what insurance they take and mine wasn't one. So, I called Dr W's office to get the contact info and am waiting for them to call back.

The receptionist said that Dr M talked to Dr W yesterday and that Dr W called back today because there was something he forgot to tell her, but the receptionist hadn't had a chance to talk to Dr M so she doesn't know what it was.

My head is just spinning. This is a complete 180 from when I saw him on Thursday.

Steely

I think this is good news. Someone is finally wanting to get you some answers. Do not be too nervous, I am sure whatever it is the doctor wanted to tell the other doctor was minor - or he would have told you personally about it. Probably after consulting with his colleagues he was able to recognize more of a pattern of symptoms, and yet he is still unable to diagnosis you, so he wants to send you to the best of the best to see what they can do.

Hang in there.....I think this is a step in the right direction.

F

flutterbee

I haven't heard back from Dr W's office yet. But, I was telling my neighbor that he wants to send me to the Mayo Clinic and she asked if it was the one in Cleveland. So, I guess there is one there. Maybe it is The Cleveland Clinic and it's affiliated with Mayo? I don't know.

It was totally unexpected as it was so completely different from what he was telling me and I had a hard time absorbing it at first.

susiestar

Roll With It
I don't know if it is part of the Mayo Clinic, but the Cleveland Clinic is supposed to be wonderful. We have a family friend (mom of my high school bff) who went there to have revolutionary surgery on a back problem. It isn't what you have, but ALL the staff was just wonderful and kind and caring. Maybe that is what the rheumy is talking about.

I would ask why the doctor blew you off at your appointment. This would worry me, the sudden turn-arounds. but if he can get you into a really great clinic, he can turn his head all the way around and spew pea soup!! As long as he helps you feel better.

Hugs!

4sumrzn

If it is the Cleveland Clinic......that is where all of my docs wanted to send me 12 years ago for my "mysterious arthritis". I couldn't afford to go & stayed local, but heard so many wonderful things about them through Doctors & patients at work.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Heeeather.......aren't goood vibes grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! ;)

I hope this works for you! I think you're about to start stepping forward to life changes.....for a change lady.

Hang in there. It's just a matter of time now.

*don't ever question a sudden turn around - it's good karma at work*

Tia

DammitJanet

Heather I hope this works out. It does sound like you will have access to some good doctors. It may take me awhile to get into Duke but I have hope that maybe they can figure me out too. Maybe.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Just adding that I have heard only good things about Cleveland Clinic......hope you get some answers........

Star*

call 911........call 911
~~~~~~~~~~~~ GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD VIBRATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm glad you are finally getting some answers!

Hugs

Genny

Worlds Best Nana
Woooo-hooooo!!:cheerleader:

Somebody is finally listening, and actually doing something to get you help! Keep us posted - I can't wait to hear the details. I see a light, and it's not a train :D
:beautifulthing:

F

flutterbee

I haven't heard anything today. I spoke to my GP's receptionist again and she didn't know anymore than yesterday. I haven't heard from Dr W's office and will be calling them again tomorrow.

I'm afraid to get my hopes up. What if they can't get the insurance to approve it? So, I'm trying not to think about it too much.

I'll keep you posted.