My sign from H

Steely

So, if you want you can read what is going on with difficult child in general..........and why this is so divine.

I was leaving for my counselors today, in tears, and a very, very old friend just stopped by, out of the blue.
She told me that she want to give me something that I had loaned her a long time ago.........
She handed me a book on tape about how to be a writer by Natalie Goldman that H. had given me a long, long time ago as a BD present.
I was stunned, shocked, struck by tears.
I have very, very little of H.'s things, as you know.
Yet that book was one of most important gifts I can think of that she has given me over the years.
She always wanted me to write.
And suddenly, there was this angel presenting me this book, just as if H had just once again given it to me all over again.
On top of crying all day about difficult child............I have held the book in my purse, as comfort.
See, there are signs. She is here with me, guiding my every step.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I truly believe in things like that....

MY oldest brother helped me a great deal when I went through my divorce with my first ex. He came accross country to help me move back "home". We sang with the radio alot. One song that kinda became our song was Kick a Little by Little Texas. Then my brother passed away a few years later.

When things went to heck in a hand basket as my second husband left me and my car wouldn't work and everything else guess what song came on the radio. Kick a Little. And I had this overwhelming sense of peace that I would be ok through this because I again wasn't going through it alone.

So glad that you are finding peace.

beth

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Maybe some writing will help you let out all of this pain and the horrible things you have been though? Let you rid yourself of any guilt. Let go of the fear, the sadness.
She is with you. You should write right now even if it is a mess or doesn't come out the way you want.

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Thank you for sharing the sign. I am another true believer! Wishing you continued feelings of connection with your beloved sister.

Peace

nvts

Aside from wanting to taunt you with "told ya, told ya!", you've also got someone here that's so happy that she gave you evidence that she's floating around you!

Pennies from heaven! Watch for them and you'll always find them!

So, how long until we get to proof read Chapter 1?

;)

Beth

Estherfromjerusalem

Steely, that was so heartwarming to read.

Anything that brings you comfort at the moment is very precious, and I am happy for you that you received that gift "from your sister" just at this time.

I know it is trite to say this. My best girlfriend and I always say to each other, with a smile because it is so "ordinary" and yet true: TIME DOES ITS THING. It truly does. As time goes by the dreadful things do slowly become ever so slightly easier to live with.

I'm sending you a hug, and loads of strength to carry on.

Love, Esther

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so glad you can feel H now. She is with you. Our loved ones never truly leave us, and they are ALWAYS there in times of pain.

Know you are loved.

Susie