My son just can't get right - this is so long!

wanttohelp

Teri, thank you for your comments too! It's very nice to hear that others are in similar situations and how they deal with them. Like I said, I'm alone all of the time and that makes it hard to realize that others are dealing with similar problems or worse! I'm glad I found this board!

I have learned alot listening to you all. From now on rather than make his problems my own I will just try to change the subject or do something else to step back. Just the other day my grandson was showing me all of the things that his mother had come and taken from the home. The tv, beds, computer - and they have been seperated for over a YEAR! I was irate! I don't understand how he can let her take away from them like that, and I know she is just trying to provoke my son to anger which gives her power but you know....it's not my problem. If he wants to let her come and take everything in the house...it's his to deal with, not mine. Did I mention that she is living with another man? I don't know how that man deals with her staying mixed up with my son every day.

I think I will speak to him about his language too. It's going to be hard, but it's intimidating my grandson and will likely poison any chances he has of having friends and healthy relationships if he thinks it's normal to talk that way.

My son has gotten another ride to work for the past couple of mornings so that's taken alot of stress off of me.

Thanks again guys!

Good for you in stepping back from the situation in your son's home. That's a good first step. Likely, there will be many, many more times you will have to bite your tongue and hold your opinions or your impulse to defend him. Like I said, baby steps.

Good luck and keep us posted on how things are!