NA Convention Last Night

TYLERFAN

Hi Family:

Just a quick update. difficult child and I and her sober friends attended the NA convention last night. Many hundreds of people were there.... the extent and circumference of the disease of drug abuse...is astounding. difficult child stood up at the "Big Meeting" when they did the countdown.....she has 30+ days sober :bravo:.......makes a mother proud! Everyone celebrating their sobriety.
It is also a reminder that this is a lifelong challenge for addicts.....I am learning more and more. So many nice happy people there. difficult child is happier now too. I hope and pray it stays this way.
Don't lose hope people....there are happy days to be had. :smile:
There is hope. :warrior:
Baby J is doing fine. We also are in the process of changing the custody agreement as difficult child's legal aid lawyer did interfere, but I can live with what we agreed on. Have to keep positive thoughts.
I am so glad you guys are here.
Blessings to all,
Melissa *

BonnieJean

Melissa, SO glad that everything is going good. Cheers to difficult child and you. I can imagine how proud you must feel!

I once attended an AA Roundup, which is similiar from what you posted. It is an amazing thing.

Sending positive strength and prayers to you all!
BonnieJean

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I also want to give your daughter a standing ovation for 30 days clean and sober. Way To Go!

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Suz

VickiL

Melissa,

Another round of appaulse here for your daughter :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

30 days is something to be proud of...for both of you!!

Glad Baby J is doing good, too.