Need PMDD / adrenal fatigue help please

flutterby

Fly away!
I was reading something last night that said you don't have to have cysts on your ovaries to have the PCOS diagnosis. Or maybe it was that they don't always show up on ultrasound.

I can't remember, but I thought about you Star when I read that.

eekysign

I was reading something last night that said you don't have to have cysts on your ovaries to have the PCOS diagnosis. Or maybe it was that they don't always show up on ultrasound.

I can't remember, but I thought about you Star when I read that.

I've got the standard PCOS ovaries, but yeah - the cysts can be deeper, so that they don't show normally. Polycystic ovaries is a syndrome anyway - and we all know that's shorthand for "haven't figured it out yet, so we're lumping you all together".

HOWever - my cortisol levels were checked, and mine were glaringly normal. If you're having nutty cortisol levels, that's something OTHER than PCOS. Or at least, in addition to. I mean, they test our cortisol levels to make sure it's not Cushing's or some other thyroid/adrenal issue before SETTLING onto a PCOS diagnosis. So it makes me mad that no one's ever gotten to the bottom of this for you, Star.

There's a lot of literature trying to tie all of these officially into the autoimmune spectrum. I've got another minor issue that's autoimmune (vitiligo), so I won't be surprised when they finally come out and decide for it. Like Barbara's daughter, I take metformin. It's been a semi-miracle drug for me - at least it is letting me lose weight, which was impossible with-o it.

Blah! Can't we all just be healthy for 5 minutes?