Need Some Online Resource Help

hexemaus2

Old hand
I'm working on a couple of articles due the end of this week, but I need to find a few reputable sources (websites from government agencies, educational institutions, non-profit agencies, etc. - basically sites with .gov, .edu, .org, or similar extensions for other countries)

One article I'm working on deals with how common Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) is both in the US and worldwide. (Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) as a whole, not just Autism or Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)-not otherwise specified, but Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) as an umbrella term.) I've found numerous sources here in the US, but I'm struggling to find sources worldwide. I can do site command searches easily enough for sites here in the US using "site:.gov Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) diagnosis rates" or "site:.edu Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) diagnosis rates" to bring up sites in the US. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with top level domains for the UK, Australia, etc. (other than using "site:.gov.uk")

I thought with the wealth of resourceful parents we have here on the boards, from several different countries, you guys would be the best folks to ask for help.

So, anyone have links to solid, reputable resources for researching stats on Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) internationally? I can use stats from individual countries as examples, or international figures as a whole - either one works. They just have to be solid, reputable sources from government agencies, university studies, high profile non-profits, etc. I can't use personal sites, blogs, or user-input .orgs like Wikipedia - these have to be "official" type sources.

The other article I'm working on deals with the signs and symptoms of Nonverbal Learning Disorder. Since it's not listed in the DSM-IV, it's a little harder to find "official" type sources. I have one from nlda.org. I found another from University of Michigan, but again, I'd like to include an international source as well. So if you lovely ladies (and gents) have any good reputable sources for NLD that outline the signs and symptoms from sources abroad, I'd LOVE to have a look-see. :)

Thanks for your help guys.

hexemaus2

Old hand
Perfect! That's just the kind of thing I need. I think I'm going to have to use a "sampling" of stats from a variety of countries though. I can't seem to find anything that gives worldwide stats