New Year's Resolution and Crazy Idea

W

Wonderful Family

Hi everyone:

I've been working on my own New Year's resolution and was wondering how we might be able to help each other in the coming year.

My resolution is simple, but hard – true happiness. I'm going to take some of the time and resources that always go to difficult child and invest them in me - and ask others for help. I'm exhausted and can't do another year the same way we just did. Constant "work" doesn't work for me anymore.

Reading through some of the other posts today, it sounds like it’s the same for many.

I know that people don't know me well since I don't post often, but I'd like to get to "know" others on the board better and this seemed like a good way. With difficult child and work, I rarely get out and I always enjoy reading what others have to say.

So here’s my challenge, crazy as it sounds. What would happen if 3 people (or more, even better) held each other accountable for making sure that we follow-through and take the time to relax and do what WE want for a set period of time, each week – whatever it might be. And not when we are just frustrated and upset with the kids, but actually put into the schedule?

I can’t hardly play a note on my piano anymore, but I sure could play fairly well (with lots of practice!) when I had to be ready for Sunday services. And I loved it. Of course, I stopped because of difficult child and his needs. I've tried going back constantly, but keep getting side tracked because I don't have Sunday to get ready for anymore (my accountability).

PM me or reply if anyone thinks this is a good idea.

Happy New Year's to everyone.

M

ML

This is a great resolution and brilliant idea. I hope you will find the time to post more often in 2010!

Last edited: