Newbie! Help need advice!!

H

HaoZi

I'm fairly certain there are others here who have gone the legal route to make sure ex's give the kids their medications and they can guide you more on that front.
I'm a single mom with minimal income myself, I know the struggles. Food stamps help us a lot, we wouldn't be able to get by without them. Luckily most of what my kiddo likes is fairly cheap, too (food-wise anyway, lol). We kind of potluck things here, though, we prefer different foods, get hungry at different times, etc., so she lets me know what's she in a mood for when she's hungry (within reason), and I eat when I'm hungry. Cooking isn't a big production for us most of the time. If she wants breakfast for dinner I'm fine with that. Letting her help plan dinners helps, too, since she already knows what's coming and it will be something she likes.

Allan-Matlem

Hi,

Collaborative problem solving is not a magic bullet or technique but a process. in my humble opinion the way to go is to try and relax the atmophere and lower the rope and try to focus on connecting and bonding, just having conversations, general chatting focusing on perspective taking - you seeing his concerns and perspectives and him get a chance to share his perpective and expressing how he thinks youfeel. Best to talk initally about non-emotive stuff .

Allan

W

wmh4bama

I will check out the video's this evening when I get home from work. Thanks! We do have alot of chatting between us, it's not all arguing or blowing up. But I need to take a look at what kind of chatting we are doing and see where I can change that for him. Maybe I'm not paying as much attention to his ideas and feelings as I thought.

Yes, I also do alot of the quick fix stuff, corn dogs, hot dogs, frozen pizza etc. Also, crock pot recipes, split them up to be frozen for another dinner. Buy in bulk as well and divide things up as much as possible. In my mind, if he a picks it for supper, then he needs to stick to it. He has tried to pull the stunt of asking for corn dogs, then tell me when I get them done, and ready to eat. That's not what he wanted. We are talking 20mins later. I do have plenty of snacks because he will get hungry pretty quickly after supper, but those are small things.

Legal route on medications, I had to get it put in the visitation papers, that while difficult child is at DEX house he must give any RX prescribed by doctors. He has done this one many many times. The only thing I can do about him not giving them to difficult child is to take DEX back to court for contempt @ 1500 retainer. It stinks, until I have extra funds that one will not happen and I have to keep fighting the battle. He just doesn't understand just stopping medications can hurt difficult child depending on the medications.

This morning was a little better than most mornings. He was bouncing off the walls still, I am praying that when his AM medications kick in this morning, that he will calm down. He sleep more last night than he has in a while, so the new PM medications might help that area if nothing else at this point. Keeping fingers crossed that this afternoon will be little to no explosions.

Last edited: