Next Monday needs to get here

Wiped Out

Staff member
ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't posted much but it has been an extremely looooong summer with difficult child. The last few years he had been involved with some great day camps which he has now aged out of. Thankfully our YMCA has a program but, unfortunately, it is very pricey!! Starting next Monday he will be going to the Y camp for the next 3 weeks (day camp only). The price of those 3 weeks is the same as what 7-8 weeks at the other cost.

In the meantime, husband and I are going crazy! There is no way we can keep him as busy as he needs/wants to be. Poor husband is hiding out in the bedroom right now. Usually that won't work for long because difficult child will go and not let him get any rest. In fact, while I was typing this he headed up there.

Trust me when I say Monday cannot get here soon enough!!!!

T

TeDo

I know what you mean. I was never happier than when difficult child 1 went to spend a week with friends of ours. I looked forward to it for a loooooooong time. Now, with the fighting between the difficult child's increasing, I can't wait for difficult child 2 to leave for HIS week with those friends. Sometimes (many times actually) I wish both were only children, Know what I mean??

Sending a nice bottle of Chardonnay for you and husband to enjoy ....... once difficult child is gone!

B

Bunny

I hear ya!! I have had many days over this summer where I thought that it just could not go fast enough. I hope that it get easier.

tiredmommy

I understand. Duckie still doesn't know how to adequately occupy herself so she is always on top of me. It's exhausting.

EStephens

Yea for vacations! Maybe it is just programmed into difficult child's that as soon as someone is comfortable or busy they MUST have an absolute silly or odd question answered. Or a fight with their siblings resolved. Or maybe that is just my heathens.

KTMom91

I'm so sorry...but I had to chuckle...remembering those days when Miss KT was up my butt constantly wanting me to entertain her. Now she just calls when she's bored...about twelve times a day.

Wiped Out

Staff member
TeDo-Thanks for the Chardonnay; it will come in handy!! I do know what you mean about the only child thing.

Bunny-Thanks for the good wishes. I'm already dreading next summer when he will also be too old for the Y camps!

TM-You are so right; it is absolutely exhausting.

Estephens-I think you are right about it being programmed into a difficult child!

Mary-She still calls 12 times a day? I'm sure difficult child will beat that record IF we can ever get him to move out!

CM-Yep, I'm repeating it over and over and over...

by the way, difficult child has interrupted me at least 8 times while I was typing this-yikes!

TerryJ2

Gosh, maybe I should find a last-minute camp for my difficult child ... this is driving me crazy, too ...
(I love the icon you used.)