Nichole Working/Moving OUt

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
That's right folks.

Nichole got a job via a local temp company at a local facory that makes candles. This was in prep to save money to get an apartment to rent by sept. She won't go take the EMT exam because boyfriend won't get off her back about it......and until she takes it for her license, she can't work.

She's been hunting for places for a long while. Pricing them, getting an idea of how much rent, deposits, utitilites and such are running. Being very grown up and responsible about it all.

Nichole has been secretly hoping to rent easy child's old house that she was trying to sell. But easy child has some sort of weird agreement thing going on with her mother in law.......and they had a realitor involved with renting out easy child's house. Because of that the rent was too high.

easy child had a renter.......they backed out. The house has been empty for 4 months. easy child called Nichole and told her last night that she could rent the house but that she had to pay as close to the asking rental price of 500 dollars a month as she could. It's a 3 bedroom house and that 500 is easy child's house payment. I'd explain it but it's a huge mess her mother in law has her stuck in and it would take forever. Let's just say the house needed rented 4 months ago.:faint:

Nichole is thrilled. It also means Nichole will be only a half block away from me as easy child was when she lived there. Nichole is going to discuss the details with easy child tomorrow when we go over there for dinner. She's hoping easy child will let her hold off on moving in until mid July when she's had a couple of paychecks to save up.

boyfriend is supposed to be moving in with her. I still will believe it when I see it.

Nichole should be able to afford it, if she's careful with her money, even if boyfriend doesn't move in with her. (the factory pays well) But I told her that she'd better never be late with her rent because easy child needed it to pay the payment on the house. Nichole said she understands and would never do that to easy child.

So.......the way it stands now, it looks like she'll be moving out mid July.

What I am not telling her (but easy child knows) is that the way the economy is.....and the whole boyfriend thing...... if it does not work out and I think she's given it her all and just can't do it......she can come back. Another thing she does not know and easy child will not tell her.....is that easy child is making the payments already on the house. Her mother in law is making payments on the house easy child is living in. (cuz it's actually her mother in law's house) and on her new house as well. The rent Nichole is paying is supposed to be paying part of easy child's mother in law's payment on her new house. So if the rent doesn' get paid, it's easy child's mother in law that comes up hurting.

And if you understood that you get a medal. Like I said it's a mess. But easy child won't lose her house. It's win/win for her. The house is rented, and to someone she knows and trusts.

With Travis looking like he's off to college in the fall........I may finally have my empty nest. :D

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well as such things go with difficult children.......she may not be going anywhere so soon.

Talked with her this morning. boyfriend signed up for summer classes. Nichole pulled Aubrey out of daycare because boyfriend was supposed to watch her while she worked. So now Nichole asked me if I'll watch Aubrey. Just told her no. boyfriend took his classes in such a way as to not have to watch Aubrey. It was on purpose. Let him help work it out.

So I told her no. No to be mean, if I do easy child (who also needs a sitter) would bring the boys over for me to watch them and I'd be swamped in kids all summer. No thanks. BDTD got the tee shirt. I'm so done with that.

She and he should've thought of that already. Nichole knew I was done with sitting for grands going into the job. I hope she figures out that once again boyfriend has scr*wed her over.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well just talked to easy child. She found a great sitter who is just starting up her daycare again. She's going to give Nichole the number tonight. The woman is reasonable, and Aubrey can play with her cousins all day. :)

Hmmmm. Looing like this was meant to be lol

witzend

$500 a month probably seems like a lot, but that would be a sweet deal in this neck of the woods. You can get a studio apt. with no parking here for that. Our wages aren't any higher here, either.

I hope that she will decide that taking her test is what she wants to do. It seems a shame to waste all of that schooling, and if she doesn't do it now, she'll lose the knowledge and/or it will be out of date. Maybe working in a candle factory is the incentive she needs?

Hope it all works out.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Witz it might very well be the incentive she needs. :) That place is positively hades to work in, thus the high turn over rate. I've already warned her about it. The job itself isn't horrible, it's the working conditions. Imagine......hot wax.....no air conditioning.:faint:

500 a mo for a 3 bedrm isn't bad, I guess. husband and I paid 650 13 yrs ago for a 3 bedrm apartment in Dayton. (geez I'd hate to think what they run now)

witzend

Sit on your lips about the job, Lisa. She won't want to have to admit "Mom was right - AGAIN!"

...How do us moms always 'know', anyway? I wonder...

lol! :rofl:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I was thinking the same thing. It's such a shame to put all of that time and energy into a career program and then bail on the qualifying exam. I don't recall what her reasoning is behind that decision, Lisa.

Susie

DammitJanet

Also...I was thinking...ummm.... TEMP JOB! Here, all the factories or plants hire through temp agencies for labor for like 4 to 6 months then decide if they are going to offer full time employment with benefits. Most times the temp agencies pay much less than the actual plant pays their employees. I know that our local temp agencies pay right around 6 to 7 bucks an hour for most jobs. Not many last to get that full time offer.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Ugh about not taking the exam. It's a horrid waste of her time and money. Not doing it because of boyfriend is the most self sabotaging excuse I have heard for a long time. This is for her benefit and not boyfriend's.

Oh well, she will do what she will do. Hope the temp job motivates her to finish what she started.

Jena

an empty nest, ok tha'Tourette's Syndrome scary!! what, oh what will you do with your time!! LOL.

that's very cool, i'm excited for her a whole life ahead of her that's great you must be thrilled!!

:)