No I didn't drop off the face of the planet, well

blb

maybe just a little bit.

Just wanted to say hello to those that may remember me. I dropped off the edge of the earth about a year and a half ago. Was spread wayyy too thin and just wound up retreating into a virtual cave.

Began with a computer crash and from there it was being overwhelmed with moving into a new house, some volunteer job responsibilities, some minor yet felt like never-ending health issues (none serious thank god!) and in general I just pretty much stopped communicating to folks in all of my various concentric circles.

To those who tried to maintain contact with me that I blew off, my apologies. I was just too overwhelmed and just taking care of the family each day was all I could muster.

So flash forward today, I've withdrawn from my post in a local political committee, took a leave of absence from two of my other volunteer jobs, and am just starting to reintroduce myself to some of the craziness of my main volunteer job again....slowly :smile:

I've been lingering for the last month or so, reading some of the posts, but when I saw the posts of late of tpcmom's, isabel's and timer lady's, I felt guilty just lingering and not offering up my condolences and support.

So here I be :hammer:
Not sure how much help I can be to anyone else, but will try to weigh in again when I think I can offer something solid.

DammitJanet

Wow, looky there what the cat dragged in!

I cant believe it. You have been missed. I have been wondering where you have been for months now. Glad you are back!

busywend

Welcome back! Glad you finally started to take charge and give up some of those responsibilities that get overwhelming at times. You may find yourself back there someday - but for now scaling back sounds right!

Enjoy your new found freedom/time!

slsh

member since 1999
Welcome back, blb - so glad to see you!!

difficult child is 17??? Holy cow - time flies when you're... uh, well, doing whatever. :wink: So thankful we don't age as quickly as they do, cough, ahem.

Glad things are getting back on a more even keel for you.

DDD

Is your "virtual cave" available by the week or the month?? I
sure could use a good cave lately! LOL!

Welcome back. DDD

blb

Thank you so much everyone for making me not feel quite like pondscum for abandoning the board. Ant's mom, when you said welcome home, it really did feel like that a bit. I've shared so much with all of you throughout the last 7 years.... you all were there in some of the darkest days.

I promise to be a better board family member in the future, thanks for the welcome home :smile: