No self control! -Just checking in

C

comatheart

He simply doesn't have any!!!!! I am so tired of it. We usually lock up any goodies but his last punishment for stealing was pretty severe and I thought perhaps he'd learned from it so I left he box of Little Debbie Treats out on the pantry shelf. Of course they're gone. I don't know why I expected any different. :mad: Typing it out, this sounds like such a minor thing but it's the overall picture. The fact that he cannot walk past any temptation without just taking it. I can't take him to stores for fear of what he'll steal there (again!) I swear this kid has bipolar because he seemed to be doing okay for a couple weeks and then suddenly bomb-shelled again. The ups and downs are draining and of course we begin to let our guard down just in time for him to act out again.

On the other hand, the book Explosive Child finally arrived and I'm looking forward to reading it.

We're still waiting to get into a Child Psychiatrist. Our Doctor dropped the ball on referring him and then the psychiatrist wouldn't take our insurance and finally the psychiatrist he referred us to has a pretty bad reputation online so I'm still searching. I may go ahead and keep that appointment if I can't find someone else before next week.

Andy

I love your icons for the kids in your signature.

It is so hard to want to give our kids chances to do the right thing and they blow it. I hope you get in to a psychiatrist soon.