Not a success story but possibly the start to one.

Jabberwockey

Weird start to my morning. I called in sick yesterday so missed the phone call so got and e-mail from the Major's clerical to contact the daughter of an offender who was trying to contact her father. Got a hold of her this morning and she called him yesterday because it was her birthday. I informed her that he was releasing today. She commented that she hadn't spoken with him in years but asked if I could give him her phone number. I wrote it down and went to the Admin building to pick up the Library mail and hopefully catch him. I gave him the phone number and message and he said he got a chill. He was VERY excited about the possibility of reconnecting with his daughter.

I've said before that the vast majority of incarcerated individuals are Difficult Children who are in various stages of figuring life out. Hopefully, this gave him the encouragement to make an honest effort to stay out this time!

Jabberwockey

She turned sixteen yesterday. That's why she was trying to contact him. I'd guess him to be early 40's. Then again, a lot of these guys are MUCH older than they look so he could be 70 for all I know!!! LOL!

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Jabber where there is life there’s is hope. It’s hard and we can all get so jaded. Thank you for sharing this and I too hope it’s a fresh start. With out opportunity there’s is no hope in hell for a chance at reform.