Not to rub it IN or anything...

<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style="color: #FF6600">BEARS</span><span style="color: #000099">WIN!!!</span></span></span>

You know, they can go the rest of the season and not win another game. That would just be alright with me. They beat the PACKERS, and that is all that matters.

They beat the packers at LAMBEAU.

They beat the packers at lambeau on NATIONAL TV.

:dance: :fan: :smile: :rofl:

Life is good.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I was so disappointed. I know it's only our first loss but to have it come at home by the Bears-yuck!!! Hopefully we'll be able to return the favor when we play at Soldier Field. Congrats to your Bears! And yes it pained me to say that! :cigarsmoker:

slsh

member since 1999
LOL, BBK. I fell asleep during that painful first half, woke up for about 20 seconds when it was tied 20-20 and figured for sure they'd figure out some way to blow it, and was utterly thrilled to wake up this morning to a win!! And only 1 interception???
WOW!

Sharon, you are gracious as always :rofl: but it's truly not necessary to return the favor. :wink:

Yeah Bears!

Nancy

LOL that's the way I feel about the

<span style='font-size: 26pt'> <span style="color: #FF0000"> INDIANS!!!!!!!</span> </span>

We gave one away last night but we''ll get 'em tonight :fan:

Nancy

I hope they do, Nancy. I hope they do.

What happened to your Browns? I mean, I don't really like the Browns, but I can't stand the Pats.

Ahhh. What a sweet win last night...

Speaking of Soldier Field (WipedOut mentioned it) -- I think the new Soldier Field looks like a UFO crashlanded on the old Soldier Field.

On a similar note, Chicago is home to a lot of weird sculpture. We've got the Picasso whatchamacallit -- some people say it's a horse -- and the thing outside the Federal Building that looks like partially melted steel girders, painted international orange*. Then there's the Millenium Park "Bean" (finished in 2005, but what's 5 years when you're talking about a millenium?) I was taking easy child 1 to the aquarium one time and we got a good view from the trolley of the Bean under construction. "What's that, Papa?" she asked, pointing. And on one of the rare occasions that I had a quick come-back, I told her, "It's art, honey." Everybody sitting nearby cracked up.

* (added in edit) Officially called "Flamingo", by Alexander Calder

Nancy

The Browns are struggling. They have struggled ever since they brought the francise back to Cleveland after Modell stole them away in the middle of the night to Baltimore. I don't know that the city will ever get over that. It will take years to build a team back up where they can compete with the big boys.

They need to fire Romeo. He just isn't getting the job done. We need a shakeup in the front office. And we need some money to go after bigger trades.

We are still hanging onto our season tickets, hoping that sometime in our lifetime they are contenders again. The city loves their Brownies.

Nancy

SRL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HereWeGoAgain</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speaking of Soldier Field (WipedOut mentioned it) -- I think the new Soldier Field looks like a UFO crashlanded on the old Soldier Field.
</div></div>

Isn't that the truth? I understand that they promised the new construction would fit in well with the existing structure but it looks like it had the same architects as a library in my town. The words "architectural confusion" cross my mind every time I drive by. :hypnosis:

Don't worry, if they get the 2016 Olympics, nothing down there will ever be recognizable again.

Between the Chicago Marathon yesterday, and the condition of the CTA, I don't think there is a snowball's chance that Chicago gets the Olympics.

The marathon was a disaster. The city was COMPLETELY unprepared for the heat. There was not enough water for the runners. One guy died, hundreds of others still in the hospital! They stopped the marathon early. If the Olympic committee sees that Chicago can't handle a marathon, there is no way they will give us the Olympics.

The CTA threatens bankruptcy every other month. And I think the horse drawn carriages are a bit too obsolete to handle Olympic traffic.

Oh yeah, Soldier field looks ridiculous. And the Bean is stupid.

But the Bears still beat the Packers.
In Green Bay.
On National TV.

<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style="color: #FF6600">BEARS</span><span style="color: #000099">WIN!!!</span></span></span>

:fan: