Oh Moderator Goddesses?

Steely

Why do some people's avatars show up in the little square to the left of a particular forum - and some don't????

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Now don't just take my word for it...................

But it "appears" that if you have a custom avatar instead of a board one, it shows up. "Custom" as in you uploaded one of your own.

I could be wrong as I don't know what all of the board ones look like.

Steely

Ummm....interesting thought hound. Except people like you and Buddy's don't show up either. And you guys have custom ones???? Maybe it is the size of the jpeg?

keista

Nope, I think Hound is right. Theirs are "generic" ones. I only noticed earlier today that there are more than the first page of them. 22 pages as a matter of fact and some really cool ones as well.

DammitJanet

Ok, this is my take on it since I have been poking around. My custom avatar shows up on both posts that I start and on posts that I have posted on. That is why you will see a tiny little rectangle at the right hand bottom side of a avatar and it means that you have posted on that thread. If you hover over that little icon, it will tell you how many posts you have in that thread. Now from what I can tell...the people who are blank...dont have an avatar at all in their signatures. Or maybe they didnt come over. There are different ways to send your avatar into this site, connecting it from photobucket or another such site, uploading it straight from your computer to this sight and then connecting straight from another site to this site. One of those may not work anymore. I uploaded mine straight to this site so it may now be stored on this site.

DammitJanet

I think your avatar is coming from somewhere from something called style and design and it is being third party linked. In other words, instead of downloading the picture to your computer and then uploading it to photobucket, and then sending it here, that isnt working...now dont quote me that even photobucket is working to send them here now. It may be that it will be best to just download them to your computer and then upload them straight to this board. You just need to get a small picture. If nothing else. Get the picture you want and get a program to cut it down. Irfan View I believe its called. Brings a regular sized picture down to a thumbnail sized one.

Oh and I think I have figured out why the big picture will change on the original thread. Its the last person who posted. The original poster's picture will not stay the same unless it is a sticky post.

busywend

I see everyone's avatar - nobody is blank for me....hmmm.

Maybe I should just ditto TiredMommy!! I have no idea! LOL!

buddy

Lots of blue heads on mine.....mine shows up once you open the thread but not on the menu of threads in each forum list

buddy

ok today the posts have just white boxes and not the envelops that used to be there....just fyi in case you are changing things