Oh Yeah...Mall Meltdown

April

Wow, so many wonderful people and ideas. We did exactly like stated Amy, listed out the rules etc...made him repeat them...etc we still ended up in trouble and we left immediately. This weekend was different. He was really quite good, aside from taking about 30 of those "I Am Loved" buttons at Helzberg Diamonds...woohoo for my Christmas present coming from there...LOL I think we are going to make it now.

TerryJ2

Thanks for the update, April. :flower:

Before I met my wife when she was a single mom they removed one of her sons from the home, billed her for foster care and sent the child to a home with alcohol accessible and he returned with a "battery tattoo". You have to wonder how many times that is repeated and even if the intentions are good, the underlying motive in this (and most all) government bureaucracies is self-preservation.

Yikes, Griznog!!! :smile:

Before the arrival of my dear difficult children, I used to be one of "those" people who always wondered why those parents didn't do anything about the "horrible screaming brat" in the store. Then a few months after the twins came, we were in the store and J wanted a candy. I told her that we were not getting any now and IT began. I was in the checkout line and thought that I had to finish my shopping (now I know that I should have just left- live and learn,huh?). She kept it up thru the checking out and all the way to the car and home. I had never been so mortified in all my life. I just knew that everyone around me assumed that I was one of those parents that said no but then gave in when the child tantrumed (because that is what I always assumed). Needless to say, I gained a whole new understanding and empathy for other parents that day and it has just continued to grow over the past 3 years!

I hear you
i use to be that person too

I use to leave the store when difficult child would throw a tantrum he would be over my shoulder screaming mean mommy and i had to laugh because every time he would not get his way and start to throw a fit i would say "I know I'm a mean mommy" luckily we live in a small town and the cashiers know us pretty well so they would usually take up for us so I didn't have to waste my breath now we can go in the dollar tree and he gets one toy and if he throws a fit we leave and he gets nothing i learned i can always go back and get what i need later without him if it's that important i call husband and ask him to get it

On all sides of these issues are humans, imperfect creatures just like me struggling on all levels to deal with life in a society defined by constantly being barraged with advertisements telling us we need more stuff to be happy.

When difficult child was a baby he would wake up about every 2 hours and i'm not talking about a new born either and stay awake for about 2 or 3 hours at a time and this was only at night and still stay up all day

Anyway there were times I know he was just tired and cranky and overwhelmed but it was just me ALL the time and I have actually picked him up to shake him and holler JUST SHUT UP but luckily I did come to my senses and put him down and walk away until I was calm and I was medicated LOL I know it's not funny but it has kept me from judging people I may not agree with what they are doing but I also don't know the full story and I can only pray that the child and parents are making the right decisions.