Ok we have a plan

We have decided to tackle the screaming and name calling right now so what we did was we let difficult child know that it was not ok at all and whenever he did this he would lose the computer for a week

this afternoon right before i told him it was time to get off the computer i reminded him if he yelled, screamed or called me names he would not be able to play on the computer tomorrow and

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Good job!!! Just make sure you follow through and don't let him slide especially for the first couple of weeks.

Keep it up!!! Warrior Mom! :warrior:

Steely

EXCELLENT!!!

Just know, it will be a difficult road. So, wake up every morning and fortify ourself, put on your armor, and put your nose to the grinds stone in your efforts to bring structure and discipline to your house! You can do it! :shocked:
:sword:

Good Luck, and I am so glad husband is on board with this plan as well.

That's the way to do it! Make the punishment suit the "crime". And always always ALWAYS make sure that whatever discipline you hand out, you FOLLOW THROUGH.

in my humble opinion, a week is a pretty long time to take away the computer for yelling once. Up to you, but the punishments can stockpile and then he may not care.

Just something to think about! You are doing great

Yeah luckily for me he can't keep track of time yet so i changed it to one day and didn't really tell him i just used it when i reminded him before i told him to get off the computer (now remember if you yell, call me names, or try to hurt me you can't play the computer tomorrow) and every time i see him start to get upset i remind him about losing his temper and i made sure to tell him it was ok to get mad but it was not ok to yell, call names, or try to hurt someone for any reason he still stomp off to his room and whined and told me without yelling or calling me names that he didn't think it was fair and i think those are all appropriate ways for a 6 year old to tell you how he feels HE DIDN'T EVEN SLAM THE DOOR!!!! i'm so excited not to be negative but i know this went waaaaaay too easy so i'm just enjoying the calm before the storm lol thanks to everyone for your advice and from now on i'll think before i respond to any posts that might upset me and make sure my anger is justified and not just my emotions which means i probably wont respond at all with all the hormones they have me on for my endometriosis i'm shocked i dont need a bucket to carry around with me my husband hates it just as much as i do we went to a casting crown concert to night and the worship was awesome hopefully it'll get me through the holidays i need the daily stuff just to get me through the day we ate at olive garden and you know what i didn't have to say stop, don't, no, use your fork NOT EVEN ONCE me & husband didn't even talk much we just enjoyed the peace and quiet hope everyone else is having a good weekend

nvts

Wonderful! See, there CAN be a light at the end of the tunnel (ok, in my case a tiny little flashlight!) but there's still a light!!!

:smile:

Nice work!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
Dear kitty petting a duck

Casting Crowns is a great band. I enjoy their music.

I think BRAVO for his reaction to your reaction. Very mature for 6 or 60. lol (thinking how I've behaved sometimes in the past) we have reformed door slammers - you stand at the door and open and shut it correctly 500 times. At about 280 your arm feels like spaghetti (so I'm told by difficult child).

Sorry about the endo - that's gotta just be awful.

Glad to hear you have a plan - it's tantamount to his and your sanity and good mental health. Not that your going to get it in spades immediately - but it does come. I'm still waiting for mine.

Lost in the mail no doubt - sigh

Hugs
Star

Dear giraffe licking a squirrel

I agree with you. Casting Crowns is a very good band. You can't not feel good after a night of their music.

And Kitty petting a duck,

I agree with the others, you have a mature little man there. Good for you for devising a plan.

Love,

laughing kitty holding a vial.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm big on plans....especially working plans.

Good for you :warrior:. Don't forget to tweak the plan as necessary. :thumb: